Global Leveraged Portfolio Group - Associate - Transaction Execution
The newly formed Global Leveraged Portfolio Group Credit Team (“LPG”) within Institutional Credit Management (“ICM”) is seeking an Associate to join the team. The Associate is an intermediate level professional that will work with the team’s Analysts and Bankers to lead a best-in-class Leveraged Lending In-Business Credit organization with the primary goal of materially enhancing Citi’s end-to-end Leveraged Lending credit management process. This will be achieved through a strong partnership with Corporate and Investment Banking, Capital Markets and Risk.
LPG Associates will be directly involved in Citi’s credit approval and origination process for leveraged finance transactions (Corporates and LBOs), assisting clients in raising funds in the capital markets, as well as providing ongoing credit monitoring support for Citi’s Leveraged Lending Portfolio.
Our Bankers have a comprehensive understanding of the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients and can provide Associates the opportunity to develop a sound foundation of credit and origination skills. Combined with an appreciation of the broad set of services offered by Citi, this understanding allows us to effectively deliver innovative solutions to our clients, as well as properly manage the credit exposure within global Citi’s Leveraged Lending Portfolio.
Associate Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide analytical support to Bankers and oversee junior banking team across LPG’s core functions: (1) Leveraged Lending transaction origination and credit approval; (2) portfolio management and early problem recognition; (3) global leveraged lending related projects and strategic initiatives
• Evaluate and gain a strong understanding of clients' business model, financial performance and key credit drivers across various industries, through both due diligence process as part of transactions and ongoing credit monitoring responsibilities
• Analyze models used for valuation and to forecast the client's operating and financial performance and be able to articulate assumptions and analysis to Bankers and Risk Managers
• Demonstrate sound quality control over the materials and analysis utilized in transaction approval process, ensuring that critical information that drive credit approval decisions are being reviewed and presented appropriately
• Coordinate with Analysts and Citi’s Risk Analytics Unit to perform periodic written reviews of the clients' financial and operating performance
• Work in conjunction with Bankers to assess appropriateness of credit extension transactions (leveraged buyouts, incremental debt raise or refinancing), and secure approval for and assist in executing transactions on behalf of clients
• Manage a team of junior and senior Analysts, responsible for their credit training and mentoring throughout their tenure in the group
• Collaborate with our product partners in Capital Markets, Corporate and Investment Banking and Risk, in addition to Legal counsel (both internal and external) developing the ability to understand the deal structures and to ensure they are properly documented and approved as per the Citi Policy & Procedures
• Analyze underlying business rationale/strategy for deals that are conducted through creating both Business and portfolio reviews for Senior Management on the global risks for the portfolio as well as to highlight key trends in the market
• Research and develop robust understanding of the fundamentals of the key industry trends and risk issues and develop the ability to succinctly convey his/her thoughts and opinions to the Risk Managers and Bankers
• Responsible for monitoring news and events pertaining to Citi’s leveraged lending clients as well as providing regular updates to Bankers.
• 3-5 years of credit analysis, origination or corporate banking related experience
• Team player with strong work ethic who also works well with others at all levels
• Strong writing, analytical, quantitative communication, and presentation skills
• Leadership skills and experience in coaching and mentoring Analysts
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Financial modeling experience on the job
• Ability to break down large amounts of data into concise, easy to understand formats
• Ability to quickly and accurately find information upon a Banker / Manager’s request
• Ability to take on demanding responsibilities and work independently, while juggling multiple tasks at one time effectively manage deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at once
• Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Institutional Banking
Job Family:Corporate Banking
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs