Global Investment Lab LatAm - Brazil Regional Lead
The Global Investment Lab is an integral part of Citi Private Bank’s investments organization, dedicated to delivering comprehensive, analytical and highly customized investment strategies with specific actionable solutions for ultra-high-net-worth relationships.The position has a responsibility for driving results, enabling sales and enhancing the bank’s revenue generating efforts in the Latin America region.
Our holistic consultative sales process is designed to create sophisticated implementation plans drawing on the best global thinking and customizing it to the needs of the end client for their particular situation.The strategy adopted by the group is based upon strong teamwork globally and a highly supportive and inclusive attitude towards other colleagues in the Private Bank and across Citi.
The senior analyst will have the opportunity to conduct bespoke strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization and construction, risk identification, fund and capital market strategies, and statistical modeling. It allows a unique focus on innovation as it is a cornerstone of the Global Investment Lab.The team is responsible for three key areas:
Client Analytics (provision of client-specific analytics and recommendations based upon clients' needs and portfolio holdings, covering assets and liabilities)
Product Strategy (Articulation of global and regional themes, positioning our solutions offering and strategy development)
Business Management (Identifying opportunities for CPB and our clients (segments) through analysis of the book of business, clients' portfolios and markets or product trends).
Senior Analysts are expected – together with Bankers and Counsellors - to identify issues, establish the right approach for client analyses and be able to discuss the results directly with clients. He/she will design custom asset allocation, know our “focus list” managers and key products, and communicate clearly to clients the Citi Private Bank views and how to apply them to the client’s portfolio.
This position would suit a proactive and energetic analyst with an analytical mindset and ability to communicate complex solutions to clients clearly.
- The Investment Lab Senior Analyst Lead will have the opportunity to conduct bespoke strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization and construction, risk identification, fund and capital market strategies, and statistical modeling. He/She will be responsible for coverage of Brazil. It requires a unique focus on innovation as it is a cornerstone of the Global Investment Lab. The team is responsible for three key areas:
- Client Analytics (provision of client-specific analytics and recommendations based upon clients' needs and portfolio holdings, covering assets and liabilities)
- Product Strategy (Articulation of global and regional themes, positioning our solutions offering and strategy development)
Analysis & Advice
- Design customized strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies for clients’ portfolios using proprietary models and tools. Comprehensive investment strategies may be multi-asset class or within a single asset class and can incorporate a client’s total balance sheet and cash flow needs, including their philanthropy goals as well as their generational transfer requirements.
- Perform in-depth analysis on individual investment products, strategies, and portfolios across asset classes.
- Perform statistical modeling across asset classes, including building in house applications that allows insights to be scale to the overall investment organization.
- The team has a significant number of use cases transitioning to a digital environment; the ideal candidate has created Digital E2E solutions for clients and internal advisors and has experience developing new analytical capabilities, which can be scaled across the HNW and UHNW segments.
- Collaborate with Private Bankers and Investment Counselors to develop objective, actionable proposals to clients.
- Interact with clients to present and discuss portfolio analysis and investment proposals. Discuss and educate others – internally and externally - in work topics openly and confidently.
- Consistent work towards developing innovative solutions, tools and frameworks for global Investments organization.
- Position relevant CPB’s global and regional themes.
- Identify opportunities for CPB and our client segments via analysis of the book of business and markets/product trends.
- Inclusive investment and portfolio positioning and/or research, liaising with regional and global counterparts across the Private Bank and Citi as a whole.
- Participate in the development, education and rollout of global initiatives, analytical tools and methods.
- Consistently follow and support regulatory policies.
- 10+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation techniques, portfolio simulation, risk analytics, financial markets and investment strategies.
- Advance Knowledge of Python (including data science and visualization libraries).
- Familiarity with data engineering technologies like: R , Agile Framework, Visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik
- Familiarity with platform applications: Java / Oracle / SQL / API / Web services
- Fintech: Experience working with Fintech and Integrating analytical solutions into platforms with the objective of increase scalability both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of Capital Markets and Managed Investment products including derivatives and alternative investments.
- Knowledge with financial modelling (including Monte Carlo simulation, optimization, and regression) and statistical analysis tools.
- Strong written / verbal / proposal communication skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Soft skills include a can-do attitude, sense of ownership and a team-player approach.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal / written / proposal) to all levels.
- Fluency in Portuguese (verbal / written).
- Travel: 30%+.
- Series 7, 66 or 63 and 65.
- Any additional languages.
- Previous investments experience with high and ultra-high net worth individuals.
- CFA, CAIA or FRM designation or progress towards these.
- Knowledge of credit products, lendable values or Investment Finance.
- Education: MBA or Master’s Degree / PhD Degree in Finance, Engineering or related fields.
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:Investment Analytics
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs