Global Head of Foreign Exchange Middle Office - Transaction Capture Grp Mgr - SVP
- Organization Overview:
Citi Markets Operations is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in our People and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model, creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion.
We are a dynamic, global, and diverse Organization, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed
Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a significant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and have significant impact across the lifecycle of a trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Office Sales and
Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group, dedicated to overseeing the Organizational service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first-class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Business Intelligence and Process Re-engineering group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi’s innovation labs to drive optimization, and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology partners develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have reimagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the firm, and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners, and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimize and streamline processes and drive strategy across our industry.
The Global Head of Foreign Exchange Middle Office will report to the Global Head of Rates and Currencies Middle Office. Our Foreign Exchange Middle Office team supports a wide range of trading strategies and products including FX Spot, Options and Forwards. The team has significant interaction with our internal and external client base and works closely with other Operations teams to ensure a seamless front to back process and service offering. The individual will be responsible for the leadership and management of a diverse set of
global talent. The individual will deliver the Operations strategy within the FX business, driving our target operating model, with a proactive People agenda, ensuring a robust control environment, enhancing service capabilities, and simplifying/ transforming platforms to build appropriate scale. The Global Head of Foreign Exchange Middle Office will have accountability for daily supervisory risk and service oversight of the team, ensuring that the objectives of Operations, the Business and our clients are executed to a high standard and in
full accordance with regulatory and control requirements.
- Overseeing and leading the daily functions of the Global Foreign Exchange Middle Office team.
- Maintaining a culture and environment where processes, risks and controls are continually monitored, and potential risks escalated on a timely basis. Identifying, maintaining, and reviewing key risk metrics and indicators and presenting these to senior management.
- Ensuring the infrastructure and tools are in place to effectively manage risk and to service our clients to a high standard.
- Developing an effective control framework that fully meets Audit, Compliance and Regulatory requirements. Ensuring accurate and effective representation of the group to various oversight functions, as required.
- Acting as a senior point of contact and escalation to internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Driving the team’s operational efficiency, automation and productivity agenda including keeping abreast with and adopting new technologies made available for use within the organization. Partnering with Technology, Digitization and Implementation, and Innovation Lab on improvement initiatives.
- Continued engagement with a range of senior Business, Technology and Operations partners.
- Support and partner with the Business to facilitate new business and operational offerings.
- Implementing a successful People and Engagement strategy to help attract, develop, retain and recognize a diverse and talented global workforce.
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement and cultivating a robust service and control environment.
- Engaging with and leading our People. Developing effective and diverse teams across a regional footprint.
- Coaching and mentoring our People. Ensuring effective one to one discussions. Providing direction, feedback, support, and encouragement for career development.
- Championing diversity and inclusion to create a working environment which allows our People to thrive and excel.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in Tier 1 global financial institutions
- Experience leading operations teams in a fast paced, large global financial services firm, ideally within Middle Office or other Operations team.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology.
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and concise, demonstrated success interacting with senior management both in the business, corporate functions as well as the Operations, Business and Technology environments.
- Strong risk management and control mind set.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Demonstrated experience leading people and developing effective and diverse teams across a multi-site footprint.
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals throughout the business as a leader, advisor and business partner to the organization with a clear client orientation.
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Ability to conceptualize aspects of the organization’s model and its future development.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Transaction Capture Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs