Global Head of Construction and Sustainability-Director-Citi Realty Services
Citi requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of US employment.
Citi Realty Services – Global Operations – Global Head of Construction & Sustainability(NY/Tampa/London)
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and, in our clients’, best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
Working at Citi in realty services is far more than just a job. It means joining a family of dedicated professionals driving change across the globe. Citi Realty Services(CRS) delivers excellence through safe, cost-effective real estate premises and services. The changes in our work environment transforms the day-to-day office experience, and you can help us develop the workplace and retail spaces of tomorrow at large prominent locations, customer services centers and our local retail branches. We need people who are passionate about making an impact through our sustainability efforts to develop tomorrow’s workplace and retail experience and lead the way in real estate management techniques and services. To join our team, we are looking for candidates with versatile skill sets including project, technology, or financial management, as well as people with a strong desire to learn, dedicated to providing the highest quality service in a fast-paced environment.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
Within CRS, the Construction and Sustainability team manages and provides expertise for all construction projects within the Citi portfolio and project management delivery across Citi’s global footprint.
This role will report directly to the Global Head of Operations. The Global Head of Construction & Sustainability will support the development of and lead the implementation of key strategies and will be responsible for a project portfolio including office and operations, critical facilities and retail across a Global portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as liaison between CRS Senior Management, Region Heads (Asset Management), Transaction team as well as internal Client Businesses, to establish project and business goals and needs.
- To ensure the optimal solution to Citi’s requirements and to establish project and business goals and needs, collaborate with CRS Senior Management, Region Heads (Asset Management), Transaction and Building Operations teams, critical support services (i.e. Procurement, Risk and Control, Finance, Legal / external legal counsels) as well as internal Client Businesses.
- Collaborate with the Region Heads in the development of real estate strategies that compliment and support business goals. Translate strategic requirements into practicable delivery tactics.
- Collaborate with Transactions and Design teams to optimize space utilization by incorporating needs analysis, workplace and engineering standards, planning models and interior fit out specifications.
- Collaborate with Facility Management to strengthen and improve infrastructure reliability via design, construction planning and engineering standards and guidelines.
- Ensure all stakeholders and their needs are identified and managed.
- In partnership with the Global Head of Operations, lead and manage Global Construction and Sustainability team; oversee the management and construction of projects, and collaborate with the regions to ensure timelines, specifications, quality, and costs are achieved to achieve business goals.
- Joint P&L responsibility at the global and regional levels
- Oversee global team of construction, sustainability and project managers
- Work with specialists and business groups in the creation of the location strategy model
- Manage the project pipeline, including identification, resolution, and mitigation of risks and issues, and assist regions on all aspects of construction, project management and sustainability.
- Ensure consistent standards, strategies, and guidelines are incorporated in all projects across the regions.
- Develop global metrics to score investments including benchmarking.
- Manage reports as necessary relating to project delivery, project progress and capital expenditure to ensure both Global and Regional Management are updated on delivery. Report significant variances and develop corrective action plans.
- Work across the organization to coordinate project requirements and implementation between internal partners (IT, Security, AV, Procurement, Risk & Control, etc.).
- Directly lead and manage a team of project managers, outside consultants, and vendors for the project portfolio in a collaborative, professional and cooperative manner. Create and promote a culture of transparency, innovation and continuous improvement in the project delivery process and continually look for ways to improve organizational performance.
- Communicate effectively with staff and management on status, issues, risks, project goals and objectives.
- Review objectives, budgets and timelines to facilitate the approval of Capital Expenditure Proposals.
- Coordinate with Global D&C management to implement consistency and transparency with other regional practices
- Manage relationships with multiple strategic Outsourced Service Providers, including ensuring adherence to the Citi Third Party Management Policy and Standards. Proactively assess workload trends and needs and address with external service provider leadership to right size delivery teams.
- Enhance relationship management and spend analysis to maximize benefits of 3rd party partners. Leverage Citi’s presence/relationships to optimize procurement/negotiations. Obtain relevant market information and stay informed on market dynamics.
- Adhere to Corporate / CRS policies, practices, processes, and legal/compliance requirements.
- Ensure that projects are delivered safely, efficiently and with minimal impact to the business.
- Ensure regions comply with Corporate and local standards and procedures related to construction processes (e.g., health & safety, construction code, sanitary, fire and premises occupation requirements, including permits and concessions).
- Ensure proper documentation is utilized to demonstrate assessment of potential risk.
- As head of sustainability, deliver on Citi’s corporate goals around Net Zero and sustainability.
- Develop roadmap toward net zero operations by 2030.
- Embed zero carbon and mitigation strategies in all new construction projects.
- Lead all corporate wellness initiatives including LEED and WELL certifications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in multiple markets across the globe.
- Industry related Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in business; Master’s Degree Preferred.
- +15 years diverse professional experience in a related field: commercial architecture, engineering, construction management (corporate/retail), project or program management, planning and programming, strategic planning,
- 5-10 years of global corporate real estate and/or financial services experience a plus.
- Demonstration of an applied and structured approach to project planning, estimating, monitoring. and reporting through the full project lifecycle, from initiation through closure.
- Track record of managing work to achieve milestones on-time and in-budget in a high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability skills; a proven ability to lead teams through the unique challenges encountered on each project while successfully achieving key goals and objectives.
- A skilled communicator with experience influencing and shaping the image of a complex Division / Business Unit.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause identification skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a wide audience (across function, geography, level, etc.)
- Critical thinker with an understanding of process, interoperability, and relationships.
- A "team player" orientation able to work collaboratively with and through others at all levels of the company, with good conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, listening, and follow-up skills, with a strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Effectiveness at working across various levels within and outside Citi.
- An understanding of real estate and the possible impact of project changes.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project as well as industry standard project management tools.
- Experience in financial services and/or a large, multi-national corporation or an entity with similar global reach and complexity preferred.
- Direct experience managing corporate renovations projects highly desired, ground-up experience a plus.
Job Family Group:Corporate Services
Job Family:Facilities Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs