Global Controls Transformation Execution Lead
New York, New YorkJob Req ID 22500290
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
The Global Business Risk & Controls Transformation Execution Lead will be part of the Global Business Risk & Controls Office (“GBRCO”) and report directly to the Global Business Risk & Controls Officer.
The Global Business Risk & Controls Transformation Execution team leads a diverse set of activities across multiple transformation programs including (i) managing and tracking progress against plan across multiple programs and in multiple regions and lines of business, (ii) establishing and enforcing standards and protocols for execution consistency and quality, and (iii) acting as a SWAT team to address execution hot-spot areas and critical issues.
The Global Business Risk & Controls Transformation Execution Lead will be responsible for ensuring effective oversight over the execution of large regulatory transformation programs impacting the Global Business Risk & Controls Office that fall across all functional domains. This effective oversight entails (a) providing improved transparency on execution progress and status, and (b) leaning in to mitigate specific execution risks and issues, particularly amongst interdependencies between programs and with lines of business and technology. This position will also stand up a transformation execution team to be leveraged as a pool of resources to work directly with the lines of business, functions or program groups to mitigate specific execution risks and issues.
- Accountable as part of the central Transformation Office’s operational execution oversight to ensure successful delivery of milestones and deliverables associated with the consent order through closure
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders and organizations (i.e., Business Senior Leadership, Business & Function Risk/Control Leads, Cross Enterprise Transformation Leads, Program Execution Leads and Technology)
- Lead an agile team to resolve execution issues, where required; this would require an ability to dive into a wide array of challenging areas and demonstrate an ability to turnaround an issue quickly, working with stakeholders at various levels
- Increase transparency for the identification of risks which impact program delivery execution, and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Support the Regulatory & Cross-Enterprise Transformation group to ensure the implementation of common PMO standards, formats, reporting, and closure processes across the transformation programs
- Ensure holistic, transparent, and clear status, issue, and risk disposition for all stakeholders, escalating any issues as needed
- Identify and collaborate with senior management to address critical interdependency issues among regulatory transformation programs
- Accelerate execution progress of the regulatory transformation programs including but not limited to ; providing “credible challenge” for execution related issues and risks, identifying and addressing program resource constraints, escalating significant remediation issues in a timely manner, and taking direct control of challenged delivery by engaging the senior leaders of the respective areas and deploying central acceleration efforts to enable execution, if and as needed
- Ensure sustainability of programs through appropriate capability-building and implementation of best practice change management
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Broad experience in transformation roles with a consistent record as Program or Project Manager, PMO or department head, managing teams and large, strategic cross-functional projects, which incorporated process, technology and organization change employing multiple delivery styles/methodologies
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry, with a general understanding of relevant banking regulation and supervisory expectations for large complex financial institutions
- Experience across two or more lines of businesses and products in the Financial Services Industry (i.e. Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and Retail Banking) highly desirable
- Understanding of data management, finance, risk management and control functions
- Management consulting, high-intensity work experience highly desirable
- Track record of successfully managing large-scale transformation programs, ideally including regulatory remediation programs highly desirable
- Track record of managing internal relationships and demonstrated experience in leading sustained change and change management efforts
- Strong leadership skills and presence; can lead through influence without formal authority
- Can work effectively in a team-based collaborative leadership model
- Self-starter who brings high sense of urgency to assignments and goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on new topics and engage in the substance of the efforts at hand
- Well-developed listening skills and a strong ability to engage at the senior management level
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, with evidence of working in collaboration across large organizations at all levels, including a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree; managerial experience
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs