Global Citi Commercial Bank - Head of Marketing
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. The core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. With 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. Citi is the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) is a global line of business at Citigroup that provides commercial banking services to mid-sized companies. CCB aspires to be the global bank of choice for trade-oriented companies, with revenues between $10MM – $1B. CCB wants our clients to see us as trusted thought partners who bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, provide client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The main products and services, that support the Commercial Bank target segment, include: Lending, Cash Management, Trade, Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate Derivatives and Capital Markets solutions. CCB has operations in 30+ countries.
The Head of Marketing for Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) reports to the Global CCB CAO and matrixes to ICG Global Client Marketing, and drives a high performing and innovative Marketing function for CCB. The role’s responsibility is to develop and deliver a fully integrated Marketing and Communications strategy, aligned to business goals and priorities, including CCB’s multiyear Growth Strategy, working in close partnership with the CCB Leadership Team across the globe, to further strengthen the Commercial Bank’s brand in the market, as an industry leader, while driving business growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the strategy and execution of a unified marketing and communications effort, embedding CCB’s strategy, value proposition and product capabilities, across all platforms and content to maximize visibility, while maintaining the integrity of the Commercial Bank’s and Citi’s brand.
- Lead the development and execution of critical marketing and communications efforts to support CCB’s multiyear Growth Strategy.
- Build the CCB Marketing structure and team, and ensure required resources are in place to support successful ongoing execution of the marketing plan.
- Define and execute on the path for the Commercial Bank to become a leader in the Digital Marketing space in the industry.
- Work closely with CAO leadership (Strategy, Data & Analytics, Business Learning) to ensure that marketing and communications efforts and the priorities/initiatives in these other teams are aligned and mutually reinforcing.
- Partner with senior leaders in the organization to drive the marketing and commercialization strategy of our digital value proposition and solutions; this includes but it is not limited to advertising campaigns, digital marketing, social media strategies and client events.
- Collaborate with Commercial Bank leaders to drive and oversee an effective Marketing strategy, when developing partnerships with third party vendors in the market, to consistently manage the Commercial Bank branding and marketing fundamentals.
- Partner with other ICG Marketing teams to leverage relevant content and events, align with marketing tools/technologies and branding and elevate CCB’s visibility within the ICG umbrella.
- Drive revenue growth and long term success for the Commercial Bank, including supporting the delivery of its multiyear Growth Strategy, by maximizing the sales effectiveness of our global banker and sales populations, providing enablement tools and materials.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the different product management teams, in defining marketing materials and programs to effectively commercialize our products
- Partner with business leaders on strategy and execution of client engagement events and other initiatives, to increase awareness of CCB within market.
- Monitor the market and be abreast of the competitive environment and our client target segments, to continuously enhance our marketing approach and be ahead on the latest trends and best in class practices.
- Lead a common Internal Communications effort, by providing the right standards, platforms and tools to the Leadership Teams across the globe, to maximize employees’ satisfaction, inspiration and awareness of business strategic priorities, products and tools.
- Lead the Marketing team across the globe, by providing direction and setting the vision for a robust area, driving innovation in new marketing approaches (media, channels and partners) and executing on common global initiatives.
- Manage global Marketing and Communications budget, and track the effectiveness of the Marketing strategy and plans, through a data insights and metrics driven approach, to measure progress and ensure alignment with business strategic priorities.
- Work with Human Resources to develop marketing/recruitment materials to support CCB’s hiring plan, a critical element in executing on its Growth Strategy.
- Act as the primary liaison with Enterprise Brand Marketing to ensure our joint objectives are met.
Critical Competencies of the ideal candidate:
- Sets business plans, strategic goals for self and the team and partners with them to define a vision for the unit/area.
- Expeditiously identifies market trends and disruptions that impact the organization and/or its clients; is agile in recommending solutions.
- Open to risk taking by challenging the status quo and actively encouraging others to be bold- rewarding and recognizing both successes and test and learn examples.
- Has strong executive presence and gravitas with senior audiences.
- Makes timely decisions with the goal of delivering the best solutions for the client and the firm.
- Maintains high levels of credibility with key stakeholders both, internal and external, and holds self and others accountable for working in an inclusive way.
- Inspires enthusiasm, empowers the organization and mobilizes colleagues, team, seniors and internal partners for innovative change.
- Works effectively within a matrix organization and creates strong partnerships.
- Expresses ideas in a confident, organized and articulate manner and demonstrates advanced influence skills.
- Exemplifies global leadership by adapting and relating to diverse audiences to collaborate and work effectively.
- Analytical and conceptual thinker with ability to operate in “white space”.
- High ethical standards and mature risk tolerance who structures deals balancing risk and reward.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and leads by example.
- 12 – 15 years of management experience in Marketing and Communications, ideally having been part of a significant business transformation and / or scaling up a business
- Solid experience creating and executing on a B2B Marketing strategy
- Experience on Digital Marketing is highly desirable
- At least 5 years in Marketing roles in the financial industry (Bank, FinTech, etc.)
- Strong financial acumen and ability to think strategically
- Experience leading cross-functional / matrix teams, through a clear and consistent line of sight regarding critical work activities
- Experience managing virtual teams
- Bachelor’s degree
Job Family Group:Marketing
Job Family:In-Business Marketing
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs