Global BAU Project Management Head
The role will serve as a senior compliance risk manager who will collaborate with the broader ICRM teams, business partners, technology and global functions to drive the implementation of strategies, tactics and action plans to meet Citi ICRM mission requirements, consistent with Citi’s risk appetite. This includes open, constructive communication, sharing of ideas and suggestions, active listening, pro-active participation and enhancing overall engagement of managers and employees. The Head of the Compliance Project Management Office (PMO) is focused on developing and delivering the end-to-end disciplines, processes, and practices for effective management across ICRM specifically related to program management disciplines and delivery of strategic control initiatives. As a representative and extension of the Citi ICRM brand, this person enhances the safety and soundness of Citi by developing trusted networks, engaging in information sharing and best practice evaluations. This person is responsible for assessing complex issues, structuring potential solutions, and driving to resolution with key Senior stakeholders. This role will interact directly with Regulators to provide updates regarding the execution and progress of key outstanding issues. Demonstrated experience and success in transformational change management processes and practices is critical.
Key Activities include:
- Provide credible challenge to Senior stakeholders on regulatory remediation efforts; provide credible challenge for all aspects of the PMO process including status updates, adherence to dates and deliverables, and quality of deliverables to ensure on time and high quality results.
- Ensure consistent implementation of common PMO standards, reporting, and closure process across regulatory remediation efforts.
- Action deliverables from reviews of key outstanding issues’ defined scope, target state, and success criteria to ensure it fully addresses the letter and the spirit of the regulatory feedback, broader supervisory expectations and underlying issues and root causes, and is embedded in a broader strategic vision.
- Escalate significant remediation issues in a timely manner, and take direct control of challenged projects by engaging the senior leaders of these areas and deploying central acceleration teams to accelerate execution, if and as needed.
- Provide strategic advice and credible challenge to the ICRM Senior Leadership regarding defining and managing ICRM strategy, goals, performance indicators and strategic initiatives. Guide the leadership team through the prioritization, definition, documentation, agreement and tracking of key functional goals, strategies and plans. Trouble-shoot and problem-solve emerging ICRM management challenges and issues through to resolution.
- Participate in and report out to the Compliance Committee of the Board on significant projects.
- Interface directly with regulators and oversee development of all reporting against regulatory obligations. This includes, actively participating in and driving Regulatory meeting agenda to provide updates on key remediation activities and promote effective communication with Regulators.
- Drive and oversee the planning and coordination of day-to-day activities of running the portfolio of strategic control initiatives.
- Develop and enhance the framework and establish standards for the execution of strategic control initiatives, inclusive of interaction with and requirements for functions not directly under ICRM management governance and oversight.
- Oversee the successful execution of projects on time, with quality and within budget. Drive operational efficiency as regulatory book of work continues to evolve.
- Examine any redundant functions and processes; define and implement required actions to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner, providing direction and guidance on the programs.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi’s key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework
- Working collaboratively with senior Citi management across business and functional lines in recommending, developing and executing on business initiatives within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Review priorities and ensure alignment of resources against the most critical projects and deliverables.
- At least 15 years’ demonstrated performance in a highly regulated environment. Compliance or similar function preferred.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Experience with Board level and U.S. Regulators level communication and interaction with the ability to articulate complex problems and facilitate the definition and implementation of solutions through crisp and clear messaging.
- Strong track record of interacting and working with Executive Leaders. The role requires leadership presence, subject matter expertise, and the finesse to work with industry leaders and senior executives.
- Demonstrated success in managing highly complex project management activities with agility, a sense of urgency and clear solution mitigation.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance programs and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses.
- Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities and comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
- Ability to quickly pivot and get up-to-speed on key remediation efforts.
- Provides evaluative judgment and problem-solving based on conceptual thinking and analyzing the facts in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources to identify root causes and synthesize, develop and present pragmatic, clear and concise recommendations.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Deep and broad operations knowledge and change management implementation experience – demonstrated by examples of leading, scaling and executing against global strategic programs.
- Role model for and driver of a culture of ethics, learning and accountability. Positive, can-do attitude, action and results-oriented, decisive, and willing to take control of a situation when required; trusted advisor with sound judgment even when operating under pressure or significant stress.
- Knowledge of current major global economic issues, regulations and the ability to assess their impact or potential impact on the business includes demonstrated performance in a highly regulated environment.
- Project Management certifications preferred, but not required.
- Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate controls.
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; extensive experience in area of focus; previous experience managing a diverse staff
- Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Project Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs