GF, EO&T and Transformation FP&A Head
New York, New YorkJob Req ID 22550948
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
The Head of Global Functions (GF), Enterprise Operations & Technology (EO&T) and Transformation Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is a senior level Finance position (C16) responsible for providing analysis and counsel regarding the financial performance and execution of strategic and financial objectives to the GF, and EO&T and Transformation CFO. The overall objective of the role is to manage a team of Finance professionals whose role is to execute firm-wide FP&A processes and apply analytical thinking, and knowledge of the businesses to drive financial results. The coverage of the role includes Forecasting, Executive Decision Support, Investments and Productivity, Transformation, and the Charge-outs process.
The FP&A Head will report directly to the GF, EOT and Transformation CFO and will be directly engaged with respective Lead Financial Officers (LFO) for GF, EOT and Transformation and with business and regional CFO’s ad LFO’s. The role will be based in NYC and will manage of FP&A professionals including 5 direct C15 reports, oversight of the offshore teams in Costa Rica and Mumbai that support FP&A, and will work closely with Citi’s Corporate FP&A, Central CCAR/PPNR teams, Controllers, Accounting Policy, Treasury, Tax, Risk, Compliance as well as the Finance teams supporting Regions and Global Businesses.
- Lead a team managing all FP&A processes including strong engagement with LFOs in both GF, EO&T and Transformation and with the CFO’s and LFO’s in the business and regions
- Lead the budget and forecast cycles including weekly risk and opportunities, monthly outlook, QMMF and CCAR and other finance-based forecasting exercises
- Partner with Corporate FP&A to understand approach to financial exercises and provide LFO teams with clear guidance and expectations
- Drive the quarterly earnings process including coordination of timeliness, build out of materials, understanding financials and overall external messaging
- Provide financial metrics, analysis and variance analysis into business reviews and work with LFO’s on necessary business insight and commentary
- Drive overall investment governance ensuring financials and commentary are reflective of outcomes and benefits
- Lead special ad-hoc projects such as expense zero base deep dives and tracking and execution of efficiency savings
- Own the methodology for the charge out process, and work in partnership with Controller teams to execute the mechanics of the process
- Lead capital stress testing exercises
- Own and run the models, partnering with the Model Risk teams
- Drive efficiencies in finance business processes including build out of dashboard reporting, automation of forecasting processes, model simplification, reductions in EUCs and other manual processes
- Drive Risk & Control agenda including data accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and metric and identify, assess and escalate risks
- Prepare updates which provide an overview of the status and health of your teams including, Headcount, Recruiting, Employee feedback, Attrition, etc.
- Provide strategy for driving change within your own team inclusive of transformation efforts, e.g.., process efficiency, reduction of EUCs, etc.
- Manage the relationships, book of work and expectations with the Mumbai and Costa Rica teams
- Bachelor degree in Business / Finance or equivalent. MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience. Financial Services industry and Financial Planning & Analysis experience are required
- Exceptional communication skills and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to effectively operate / communicate with senior level executives
- Extensive experience managing professional staff, financial forecasting processes and systems
- Superior time management and prioritization skills, ability to coordinate and manage
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Planning & Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs