FP&A Group Manager - ICG Finance Transformation
New York, New York| Irving, TexasJob Req ID 22510837
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
The ICG Finance Transformation team plays a critical role in achieving ICG Finance and Citi Finance's transformation agenda, reporting to the ICG CFO, and working closely with partners across the Capital Planning Group, Corporate FP&A team, and Finance Transformation Office. Additionally, as the ICG representatives in various working groups and forums designing and executing the end state vision for forecasting transformation, the team will play a critical role in scoping key business requirements for planning and forecasting cycles, and ensuring the tools (models, analytical tools, etc.) are available to deliver robust business plans at various levels of the organization.
The FP&A Group Manager will play a key role in Citi’s shift to a more dynamic and integrated planning process. We aim to improve the quality and efficiency of strategic and operational planning while reducing cycle time and effort. Our goal is to provide management with more accurate and timely information that enables better decision making.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of financial planning processes along with strong analytical skills, understanding of financial systems and ability to manage complex projects. Confident, persuasive, and persistent, the candidate will work with many stakeholders to ensure expectations are managed and critical objectives are met. This combination of skills and experience along with a curiosity to learn are necessary to develop effective solutions and transform how FP&A advises our business partners.
- Evaluation of the end to end planning and forecasting cycles — spanning people, process, capabilities, and infrastructure. An initial focus will be on the analysis and redesign of elements of the forecasting cycle, engaging senior Finance managers to understand problem use cases, identify process simplifications and improvements, improving infrastructure and work to gain consensus on approach.
- Implement short- and long-term enhancements to the ICG business planning model library, including the development, documentation, and validation process around driver-based forecasting models.
- Identify and incorporate key data and operational dependences across Finance, Risk and Business workstreams
- Ability to work with Model Risk Management to ensure successful model validation
- Manage multiple project deliverables including identifying necessary resources and developing a schedule to meet completion deadlines
- Influence the adoption of new processes and capabilities by working through business, technology, and finance partners
- Provide client focused support to business FP&A teams as they adopt new capabilities and processes
- Escalate key transformation execution risks and help identify and take mitigating actions
- Represent ICG in Citi-wide and Finance Transformation forums to drive outcomes and communication
- May include directly managing team members locally and remotely, mentoring and developing team members across ICG P&A, and partnering with other teams locally and across the globe; requires the ability to effectively communicate across all levels
- Build professional relationships with stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to Finance counterparts
- Opportunity to interact with senior management (within finance and the business), which requires excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- 8-10+ financial services or consulting experience ideal
- 6+ years of managerial experience preferred
- An solid understanding of financial modeling, data visualization and analytics
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across a wide range of global stakeholders with various levels of seniority
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey clear and simple messages with a focus on what matters to drive impact
- Innovative, lateral thinker – solutions focused in solving problems and overcoming roadblocks
- Agile and flexible, resetting priorities as appropriate
- Strong analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Experience providing financial analysis for forecasts, annual budgets with good understanding of underlying technologies
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline; graduate degree preferred
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Planning & Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs