Financial Resource Management - ICG Strategic Projects - Business Control Project Support AVP
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Financial Resources Management
The management of capital and liquidity is a key area of focus for senior management, recognized as being among the most significant challenges currently faced by the banking sector. As a firm, our ability to effectively lead our businesses in these areas will be a significant determinant of our future competitiveness.
Financial Resources Management (FRM) provides in-business leadership on capital and liquidity management and efficiency across the Institutional Clients Group. The team exists to solve complex problems, concentrating on regulatory & capital optimization opportunities to support the business strategy of the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) franchise. In partnership with Risk, Finance, Front Office, Compliance, and Technology groups, FRM provides guidance, structure, and analysis for efficiency efforts and project portfolios
FRM Strategic Projects
The Strategic Projects team collaborates across both FRM and the ICG franchises to track, manage, and coordinate programs from initiation to delivery. Strategic Projects exist to facilitate collaboration between various teams, to manage risks and issues during the project lifecycle, and identify high-impact issues that require solutions. In this role you will be part of a fast-paced, team-oriented meritocracy where everyone has a voice and your ideas could have a powerful, immediate impact. Key benefits include development of specialized capital knowledge, experience developing and executing complex analytical processes, exposure to senior leadership and multiple products across our ICG franchises, and working in a rewarding, creative, and dynamic environment.
Business Control Project Support AVP
The focus of the Business Control Project Support AVP is to partner with the FRM business and FRM Control Manager to identify and address control gaps, act as an ambassador of operational risk management culture in order to build controls into the day-to-day operation of the FRM team, and drive progress against open corrective against corrective action plans (CAPs) that have been opened to resolve gaps identified by various stakeholders. The role will involve direct interaction with FRM team members of every level, requiring clear written and verbal communication skills, the diplomatic ability to influence people to change the status quo, and strong project management abilities.
- Partnering with the FRM business to establish quality assurance processes and metrics
- Project management of open FRM corrective action plans (CAPs) to ensure FRM is meeting requirements
- Required to liaise with 2nd and 3rd line of defense partners to ensure that expectations around control remediation are being met
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgement regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
Partnership & Collaborative Success
- Desire to partner with other stakeholders in the firm to drive objectives to delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills to identify and resolve conflict to mitigate roadblocks
- Ability to defend the team’s interest and priorities, while putting the firm first
Acumen & Communication
- Strong ability to manage, prioritize, and communicate at different levels and between cross-functional teams
- High degree of self-advocacy, motivation, and development
- Highest level of professionalism and business acumen
Creative Problem Solving
- Ability to understand complex ideas and problems in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to identify, communicate, and advocate for solutions at both high and granular levels
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, and scope
- Innovation mindset and intellectual curiosity
- Strong understanding of operational risk and control framework, implementation, and evaluation
- Proficient in MS Project, SharePoint and other project resource management tools
- High ability to develop an analysis, interpretation, and presentation
- Able to learn new systems quick and maximize potential of available tools
- Strong understanding of the Business Risk & Control environment, including regulatory expectations
- Strong project management experience
- 3+ years relevant experience in a control function within the Financial Services industry, such as Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk, and/or Business Controls.
- A demonstrated history of delivering on initiatives
- Ability to coordinate processes and work as part of multiple teams across a firm
- Proven analytical skills for developing data analysis and quantitative strategies
- An ability to manage personal workload and agenda independently but in alignment with the priorities of the business unit
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly professional Front Office environment
Additionally, the candidate should have an appetite to develop a detailed understanding of the following areas:
- Regulations concerning capital, liquidity and balance sheet, and related technology infrastructure
- ICG products and services
Job Family Group:Institutional Trading
Job Family:Quantitative Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs