Head of US Consumer Bank Financial Inclusion and Racial Equity
The Head of US Consumer Bank Financial Inclusion and Racial Equity develops and drives the vision to promote equality and inclusion of underserved banking communities across US Consumer Bank’s (USCB) products, services, and offerings.
Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients and communities by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Every day, we strive to build an equitable financial services industry. The U.S. Consumer Bank organization delivers a wide array of banking, payments, lending and investment services to individual consumers and small businesses. Our products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including credit cards, basic banking, mortgages, and investment advisory services.
This role will report to the Head of U.S. Consumer Partnerships & Franchise Development and drive USCB’s contribution to bringing equitable access to financial services and closing of the wealth gap for diverse communities.
- Consumer Banking / Small Business / Mortgage: Create financial opportunities and promote entrepreneurship for diverse and underserved communities. Launch new initiatives to serve the segment, as well as expand existing efforts including revitalization of Minority Depository Institutions and affordable access banking
- Consumer Lending: Innovate, market / offer, and distribute credit products and services for diverse and underserved communities. Increase sustainable paths to credit, affordable housing, and homeownership
- Wealth Management: Identify unique motivators and drivers of long-term return for diverse populations. Align diverse client segments with advisors in local markets
- Digital: Develop digital solutions to encourage wider adoption of banking services to underbanked communities
- Segment Orientation: Drive one customer experience vs. siloed product or channel that addresses the specific needs of the diverse and underserved communities
- Risk Management: Partner with Risk to assess impact of risk policies on diverse and underserved communities and opportunities to leverage additional sources of data to underwrite individuals with thin / no credit files
- Develop and lead USCB financial inclusion strategy, including defining and driving portfolio of strategic initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders across the business
- Continue to drive Citi’s Actions for Racial Equity strategy and build upon current set of initiatives
- Understand inclusion / equity approach across various financial institutions / competitors and align where appropriate or differentiate
- Provide thought leadership to identify, promote, and execute against opportunities to positively impact diverse and underserved populations. Work with business and function leaders to develop and distribute products and solutions for diverse and underserved customer segments
- Outline an investment strategy for execution, including a business case to support with detailed costs outlined by initiative across business lines to ensure adequate funding for launch
- Track and monitor impacts of launched programs / initiatives to determine efficacy, and proactively identify opportunities to increase impact and execution efficiency. Support communication and reporting of impacts made to internal and external stakeholders as part of regular and ad-hoc updates
- Partner with Global Public Affairs to broker and build partnerships with community partners and align with Community Relations and Citi Foundation to launch and support complementary philanthropic efforts
- Work with regulators (e.g., OCC, CFPB) to socialize initiatives across the segment
- Lead Citi Inclusion Banking council to facilitate ideation and cross-pollination of ideas, strategy, and initiatives across Retail Bank, Cards, TTS, Public Sector, Citi Community Capital, Brand and Marketing, Risk Ventures, and Community Investing and Development and bring to life new innovative strategies that bring more Americans into the financial mainstream and promote economic progress
- 15+ years of managerial experience, including 10+ years of experience in strategy development & execution or management consulting at financial services firms
- Strategic thinker who can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute on those plans
- Experience leading product or segment businesses within financial services
- Adept manager with experience navigating a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent communicator who can influence senior executives and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail along with high levels of emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with internal and external partners and execute to results
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred; managerial experience
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Strategy & Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs