Finance Transformation Lead -Planning Initiative
As part of its ongoing work to enhance safety and soundness and further strengthen controls, Citi has created a new organization, led by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Karen Peetz. Under this new group, Citi has established a series of transformation programs (including Finance transformation program) to centralize the oversight and program management of significant/priority projects, with a focus on instilling best practices, measuring ourselves against consistent benchmarks and streamlining decision-making across the firm.
This role will focus on the Planning initiative within the Finance transformation program, which is designed to deliver agile and well-controlled forecasting processes that drive effective decision making aligned with risk appetite and capital planning, and improve transparency in providing information to management.
The position involves working with the PMO leaders of Programs within the Initiative to update and maintain a current view of the status of each program, a synthesized view of risks, issues and potential solutions and an assessment of any themes that may emerge across programs. Of particular importance will be sound knowledge of data and data management activities in the context the Finance function and processes; experience of managing and/or reviewing data and technology programs; and a passion for program management combined with the ability to rapidly and effectively communicate complicated issues and related data into concise and actionable information for senior stakeholders.
The role will provide exposure to members of the Executive Management team and senior sponsors of the priority programs as well as experience with initiatives that are of the highest priority and visibility within the firm. Individuals must be able to work independently, as well as with teams, and be happy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a ‘flat’ organizational structure and a ‘divide and conquer’ approach to distribution of assignments.
Key Responsibilities include :
- Leading the oversight /preparation / check and challenge of key program materials for use at the Executive Oversight Meetings, inclusive of ‘standard’ program updates and special/deep dive topics. This will require:
- Developing an understanding of the key business deliverables required for each program and the associated dependencies;
- The ability to provide a review and challenge view of potential risks associated with program delivery on a technical and detailed level;
- Monitoring, interpreting and reacting to emerging regulatory guidance or feedback related to the priority programs and related regulatory issues;
- Consulting subject matters experts when performing the above; and
- Ensuring clear and transparent reporting of program status to the Executive Management Team.
- Leveraging the above to support acceleration of priority programs or provide support to at-risk programs, either through direct “hands on” leadership or through the elimination of bottlenecks or other obstacles.
- Leveraging the above to prepare reports and updates to the relevant Board Committees and other senior executives.
- Supporting the Planning initiative by partnering with program leads as well as checking and challenging the strategy, approach, processes, tools and outcomes.
- Partnering with Risk, Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit, and other cross functional partners to assess the quality of the transformation deliverables and associated artefacts.
- Executing on various ad-hoc projects critical to the CAO organization as well as researching and drafting materials for presentations for ‘deep dives’ into particular topics.
- Being an ambassador and role model for excellence in program management.
- 10+ years experience in Finance/Capital Planning/CCAR, preferably in financial services; track record of managing and reviewing large projects in complex operational environments.
- Consulting or Project/Program Delivery experience in a risk and control function and/or regulatory environment, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization. Ability to balance strategic priorities with tactical actions. Proven track record and accountability in making quick decision that have an immediate impact on business financials.
- Demonstrated history of seeing the big picture, driving change and managing for results while executing against multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Citi products, functions, data requirements, operations and technology solutions and an understanding of the challenges associated with the systems and data.
- Ability to inspire trust, influence others, promote collaboration and motivate with demonstrated ability to work with all levels of internal and external management.
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships with strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of diplomacy with strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to deliver crisp executive summaries for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- A self-starter with ability to independently manage work and drive multiple deliverables concurrently.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to identify problems and collaborate with stakeholders to find and execute a solution
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs