Finance Accounting Lead Analyst
The Finance Accounting Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
CGMI is registered as a securities broker dealer and investment advisor with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), a municipal securities dealer and advisor with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), and registered swap dealer and futures commission merchant (FCM) with the Commodities Future Trading Commission (CFTC). The Company is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), the National Futures Association (NFA) and other self-regulatory organizations. The Company provides corporate, institutional, public sector and high-net-worth clients with a full range of brokerage products and services, including fixed income and equity sales and trading, foreign exchange, prime brokerage, derivative services, equity and fixed income research, investment banking and advisory services, cash management, trade finance and securities services. CGMI transacts with clients in both cash instruments and derivatives, including fixed income, foreign currency, equity and commodity products.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate calculation and filing of Broker-Dealer regulatory reports.
- Partners with Businesses, Legal, Treasury, Operations and different Finance functions in implementing process improvements
- Provides interpretive guidance to Businesses, Legal, Treasury, Operations and different Finance functions in connection with new products or new business initiatives.
- Provides analytical insights on financial, capital, liquidity and segregation drivers to our partners
- Meets regularly with the firms regulators to provide updates on the state of the firm.
- Partners with industry peers on legislative and rule making processes.
- Participates in various trade associations
- Works to ensure continuous process improvement
- Supports the management and control data flows to and within Finance applications to ensure integrity and completeness of data, including by preparing and recording financial transactions for legal vehicle and regulatory reporting purposes, updating the general ledger, recording financial transactions, and preparing of consolidated financial statements, in accordance with management reporting requirements, for legal vehicle & regulatory purposes. Also, includes specialized accounting, such as equity compensation, securitization, payroll and investment accounting.
- Provides advises on directional strategy by analyzing subject matter and its application in own job and the business.
- Acts as a technical expert who acts as an advisor on significant business/product decisions.
- Take responsibility for the accurate reporting of accounting reconciliations on Citi reporting tools.
- Review and examine key controls for accounting process across multiple process being handled.
- Focuses on the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Partner with key stakeholders including legal entity managers, e.g., Country, Balance Sheet control group (BSCG), Global process lead (GPL) & Global process owner (GPO) across multiple locations communicating progress on assigned process completion.
- Identify and appropriately highlight / escalate potential issues relating to account with stakeholders such as Regional Balance Sheet control group / Country controllers / Global process lead (GPL) and Global process owner (GPO) and work with them for resolution.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and advanced knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of how multiple process collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Directly impacts the leadership in multiple process through responsibility for delivery of end results leading to business solutions.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
- Provides assurance and partners with audit team to monitor controls and accuracy of accounting.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) / Master in business administration (MBA)/ Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent combination of education
- Series 27 or 99 preferred but not required
- 6-10 years of experience in accounting management with commensurate stakeholder management experience
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Accounting
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs