Digital Product Owner Group Manager - Servicing Communications
The Digital PM Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Lead a team of Product Managers and engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative financial platform products
- Responsible for the overall vision, technical capabilities and roadmap of the digital product platform
- Engage with businesses and shape business and product requirements in to platform requirements
- Own the overall platform business plans and roadmaps
- Drive product development for new initiatives
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market
- Maintain the product roadmap, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes throughout the company
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- Excellent product and platform instincts and communication skills coupled with a passion for business, technology while delivering a world-class customer experience
- Demonstrated track record managing all aspects of a successful software or technology product or platform throughout its lifecycle, including product strategy development, customer insights/needs, and requirements definition
- Data-driven analytical skills and be able to operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity and have a track record of building successful teams
- Demonstrated ability to define, prioritize and deliver best in class software service products
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Capacity to develop, and maintain comprehensive set of business plans and financial models
- Ability to succeed in a cross-matrixed organization that relies on building support in other groups
- Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities
- Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel
- Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight
- Willingness to take risks to develop a business in unchartered waters
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Servicing Communications are a critical connection to our customers, informing them about everything they need to know about our products. The Digital Product Owner manages a team of nine product owners focused on the technical execution of digital servicing communications, delivering customer facing material via Email, SMS and Push Notifications. Partners closely with technology development and testing teams to build or modify communications, overseeing projects from ideation through the project requirements stage, development, validation and release of new material into production (including post-release support as needed). Executes via large Plan of Record projects, dedicated maintenance scrum teams and teams dedicated to support digital features. This role also partners heavily with other colleagues that support the creation or modification of Servicing Communications, including the Strategy Development and Governance.
Lead a team of product owners collaborating with scrum teams to fulfill on the servicing communications roadmap and manage through headwinds
Ensure that scrum team resources are aligned to the book of work
Track scrum team velocity and report out team performance by sprint/project, ensuring that metrics stay aligned to planned/budgeted activities
Primary responsibility for email and SMS deployment vendors, including contract, performance and budgetary management
Achieve continuous improvement for Digital Communications to address customer pain points and reduce internal cycle time
Play a leading role in proactively managing for risk by identifying solutions that can reduce the incident rate of issues and defects
Execute issue management action plans to address open issues, ensuring timely closure, risk mitigation and compliance
Prioritize regulatory/ADA/ compliance work within maintenance stream to help meet overall business goals for issue management
Establish future forward Digital Communication capabilities and expand digital reach by aligning all business lines to one operating model, streamlining applications and vendors and introducing modernized systems
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Digital Product Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs