Data Transformation Architect
New York, New York| Jersey City, New JerseyJob Req ID 23677411
Citi is undergoing a Transformation to modernize and simplify the bank. We’re raising the bar and taking the opportunity to reevaluate the way we do business. This includes fostering a culture of curiosity and excellence and shifting our mindset to be simpler and data driven, making Citi an easier place to work and improving client experience. If you’re ready to be at the forefront of Transformation while taking your career to the next level, we invite you to come and join us!
As one of the world’s most global banks, Citi gives you the tools to make a difference. Through Transformation, we’re building the future of the bank and shaping the banking industry. Citi employs over 220,000 individuals located around the world, encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, cultures and backgrounds. Some of the skills that will make you successful in this role include:
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Credible Challenge
- Risk Management
- Data and Results Driven
The Architecture Principal is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Is an acknowledged authority both within and outside area of expertise. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication is typically required. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area.
- Provides architectural vision for all IT systems, including those that support Internet applications, ensuring that architecture conforms to enterprise blueprints.
- Develops architecture, strategy, planning, and problem solving solutions on an enterprise level.
- Interfaces across several channels, acting as a visionary to proactively assist in defining direction for future projects.
- Maintains continuous awareness of business, technical, and infrastructure issues and acts as a sounding board or consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
- Depending on project scope, may be accountable for end-to-end results including such items as: budgeting, policy formulation as well as providing future state technology strategies for an effort.
- Interfaces with vendors to assess their technology and to guide their product roadmap based on Citi requirements.
- Exhibits in-depth knowledge of how own specialism contributes to the business and has a good understanding of the commercial environment.
- Provides thought leadership in subjects that are key to the business.
- Requires sophisticated analytical thought to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations.
- Impacts the technology function through contribution to technical direction and strategic decisions.
- Uses developed communication skills to negotiate and often at higher levels.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ year experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Data and Digital – Data Transformation Architect Job Description
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying business lines and data products within the organization to become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repositories and data products.
- Define end to end reference architectures for data products that can be adopted to create and improve well integrated data systems. Evangelize data best practices and adoption of reference architectures across data solutions.
- Visualize and design end to end data and digital data management framework that describes the processes to plan, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data, aligned with product and organization strategy and business architecture.
- Provide a standard common data vocabulary in business context, expresses strategic requirements, outline high-level integrated designs to meet those requirements.
- Define the data architecture standards, and principles, including modeling, defining data dictionaries/meta-data catalogs, security, reference and master data.
- Define and visualize data flows that describes organizations generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition.
- Evangelize and work with data governance and product teams to make systems encourage data findable , accessible and consumable in a secured and frictionless manner.
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple product groups, data governance, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors to visualize, communicate, integrate, and evolve the data landscape as well as improve the service level and quality objectives of the products and data.
- Work with data engineers and data modelers across different groups to ensure clear lineage can be established to macro level data framework and vocabulary.
- Work with all teams contributing to the data lifecycle and journey to identify and improve data accuracy and completeness qualities.
- Work closely with product architects and technical leads to recommend and design the data components for their solutions, based on the business capabilities in the broader data context, data access patterns for those capabilities and for adoption of latest data technologies, and features.
- 15+ years of experience designing, implementing and operating capital markets solutions.
- Experience in modeling, designing data solutions for capital markets solutions is a preferred.
- Advanced level knowledge and hands on experience in using distributed data technologies and best practices to be followed while adopting them to solve business problems.
- Proficient level of knowledge on Cloud based data platforms and solutions. Hands on experience and project experience adopting Cloud Native technologies is preferred..
- Ability to create and communicate logical and macro level data models that incorporate industry best practices.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend new and emerging data management and storage technologies and standards.
- Must have a strong foundation in systems development; must understand the system development life cycle, project management approaches, and requirements, design, and test techniques.
- Must understand established data management and reporting technologies, and have some knowledge of columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
- Must have strong communication and people skills to be articulate, persuasive. Ability to apply this skill to visually articulate current and future state data architecture roadmaps to influence and persuade broader organization.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Must be able to define how the information will be captured, retained and exploited.
- Ability to identify data quality issues and knowing how to integrate data is a must skillset.
- Must be able to provide leadership in data related matters as well as technical solutions that are owned by application development groups and other IT groups within the organization by being conversant with these teams, and cognizant of the future direction of systems.
- Must understand how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how current and future systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Must be able to think strategically about business, product, and technical opportunities in an enterprise environment and play a critical role developing innovative data solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Join in ad hoc special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Job Family Group:Technology
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$200,000.00 - $300,000.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“By joining Transformation, you will be at the center of driving change at Citi. You’ll help us lay the foundation to make this a better place to work and do business by implementing sound risk and controls. This team will give you a launchpad of endless opportunities to grow as a professional and challenge yourself while working across various functions.”
Risk & Controls Transformation Lead
“Citi hires people for their potential and not just their experience. This gives people, including myself, the opportunity to try different roles and explore new careers. Transformation at Citi is a new adventure and will challenge how we do things at Citi: with clients, with regulators and with our peers.”
Mexico Transformation Head
“Data Transformation is a great area to be a part of at Citi. Data is at the heart of our business and ensuring that our data is of good quality with clear ownership is imperative to our success.”
Data Operating Model and Governance Program Lead
“This is an exciting area to work in at Citi! Being part of Transforming a 200+ year-old institution is a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is relatively new work, so not only you can learn new skills and get exposure, but you can play a pivotal role in shaping the Citi of the future.”
Data Tooling and Capability Head
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs