The Business Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Responsible for managing and supporting multiple risk and control programs for the organization including defining the strategy, approach, processes, quality, tools and reporting that provide global risk management consistency and excellence.
- Establishes quarterly audit process of attributes to ensure proper calculation and control.
- Works closely with business partners on findings and makes recommendations on improving practices.
- Develops procedural implementation and change management process with Operations and Reporting team to ensure proper governance and controls exist.
- Examines procedures for consistency and gaps relative to regulations in addition to impacts on customer experience.
- Conducts internal testing of dispute processes to ensure control.
- Monitors exceptions to dispute policy and identifies drivers of exceptions.
- Leverages data to examine impacts to Customer Experience and Regulatory breaks.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Compliance, Risk Management or similar business risk data analyst role in financial services with a focus on identification of inherent business risk, managing and developing risk based controls to mitigate inherent risk, and an understanding of a risk governance framework.
Candidates should have the ability to support and maintain a robust data governance framework including policies, standards, processes and technology required to manage and ensure the availability, accessibility, quality, consistency, auditability and security of data consumed and produced by CPB, as well as to address CPB data issues raised by Business Process Areas, Technology or support functions and recommend solutions, strategies and alternatives regarding CPB data.
- 6-10 years relevant work experience in Business Risk & Controls
- MS Excel, MS Access, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic a plus. 5+ years’ experience in financial services.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational influencing skills required.
- Third party vendor management preferred. Demonstrated ability to lead global team efforts
- Excellent problem solving skills Ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
• Ability to work on all stages of the data analysis cycle - collect, process and enrich data of different formats from multiple sources using a variety of technologies and platforms
• Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business requirements and provide data to help observe trends and identify anomalies.
• Knowledge of VBA and Macros is required
• Experience working with big data connectivity with Qlik/Tableau
• Knowledge of programming languages – html, java script.
• Experience with custom built and/or vendor products that support the governance process e.g. data dictionaries, logical and physical lineage tracing to establish provenance, governance workflow
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of all investment products in traditional capital markets offerings, broker-dealer offerings, and registered investment advisor (managed Accounts) and their end-to-end operational processes.
• Ability to work well with others while under pressure to complete responsibilities within identified deadlines.
• Highly motivated self-starter, results-driven and teamwork oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple work efforts.
• Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Series 7 and 24 preferred but not required.
• Advanced Excel skills including the ability to do Vlookup, conditional formatting, pivot tables and Pivot Reporting, as well as Knowledge of VBA and Macros is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio.
• Employee must be detail oriented, organized, have strong data analysis skills and ability to follow up
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively within the firm as well as externally.
• Strong time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs