Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Credit Portfolio Sr AnalystApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20196727
The One-Stop shop for cutting edge Risk Appetite / Capital analytics!
The Risk Appetite, Capital, Data, & Analytics (RACDA) unit resides in the CRO (Chief Risk Officer)’s organization within the Citigroup’s North America Retail Bank (USRB) business. It was designed to integrate all USRB’s existing risk appetite, capital (Economic and Regulatory Capital) related analytics into one centralized unit, provide oversight control on internal reporting processes that drive the capital results, and serve as a liaison with the corporate capital modeling teams.
The missions of RACDA are:
- Establishing and driving process rigor for risk appetite / capital related reporting
- Ensuring the appropriateness of the centralized risk appetite / capital models/allocations for USRB
- Developing and managing the best-in-class risk appetite / capital adequacy measuring system
- Supporting underwriting and portfolio risk managers in achieving efficient use of risk appetite / capital via cutting-edge analytics
- Providing and driving risk appetite / capital perspective in all credit decisioning
RACDA follows the total risk management approach, responsible for analyzing the capital needs and usage resulted from all types of risks associated with running various USRB businesses, specifically the credit risk within the lending business, deposit related interest rate risk, market risk associated with the mortgage business, as well as all the fraud and non-fraud driven operational risk.
This role reports into the Senior VP of Capital Risk & Strategy Analytics, providing thought leadership in driving the best practice in capital risk management for USRB’s retail, mortgage and small business banking businesses. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
The Liaison between USRB and the Global functions on the Credit Risk Capital Modeling and Reporting processes:
- Establish and maintain on-going transparent communications with Risk Architecture to achieve in-depth full understanding of the Citi-wide credit risk capital reporting process and all the related models, calculations and methodologies
- Provide business feedback and opinion to drive appropriate practices in credit risk capital modeling for USRB
The Oversight of the Regulatory and Economic Risk Capital Reporting process:
- Overseeing the credit risk capital reporting processes to ensure accurate and credible risk appetite / capital ratios that can support USRB’s capital management and allocation efforts
- Perform trend analysis on Credit Risk Weighted Asset (RWA) and capital drivers, provide explanations of any notable shift, and assist the Basel Data Submitters in escalating the corrections if the shift is due to data quality issues
- Compile best-in-class reporting tools to brief Senior Management on risk appetite / capital drivers for USRB’s portfolios
- Partner with Finance to ensure accurate risk appetite / capital allocation between USRB’s Retail and Wholesale portfolios
- Derive in-business model driven (bottoms-up) economic and regulatory capital requirement and profile, reconcile to that calculated by the Global risk teams (top-down)
- Review and Execute management control framework for Capital-related processes, risks, and analytics.
The Advisor of risk appetite / capital implications for key strategic decision-making:
- Continuously seek and present opportunities to improve capital use efficiency revealed through the above capital analytics, with input/support from USRB’s Credit Risk Management and Analytics teams
- Provide Credit Risk Managers capital implications from various credit actions under consideration
- Determine and advise the most impactful risk parameter(s) to improving risk appetite / capital profile/lowering capital charge for the USRB portfolios
- Perform analytics to understand the efficiency of capital usage of existing customers/customer segments
- Develop review methodologies for third-party engagement opportunities, improving clarity on the financial stability, performance outlook, and risk-reward relationship of potential partners.
The Promoter of RACDA’s team value-adding proposition:
- Uncover emerging opportunities to deploy cutting-edge capital analytics and advisory
- Create cross-functional exchanges that promote RACDA’s ability and proposition in in-business strategic management
- Manage tools that support team branding, development, and capital training across the organization.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
1+ years of experience in Risk Appetite Framework analytics
1+ years of experience in wholesale or retail Basel II/III and economic capital analytics or reporting
- Ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business goals
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects
- Proven interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.