CRA Governance & Policy Director
Title: Community Reinvestment Act Governance and Policy Director Job Description
Citi is seeking a bank regulatory professional with extensive knowledge and experience in CRA with the ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving regulatory environment as a member of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Regulatory Group (CRA Group), which is responsible for managing Citi’s CRA program.
The CRA Group resides within Global Public Affairs (GPA), which seeks to enhance and protect the reputation of Citi, its business and the brand across the world through direct and indirect communications with Citi’s various stakeholders. The CRA Group oversees Citi's CRA program, its governance structure, CRA-related examinations, and manages CRA-related reputational matters. The CRA Group partners with Citi's U.S. businesses to establish CRA lending, investment and service goals to meet Citi's CRA obligations and achieve a record of CRA performance commensurate with an "Outstanding" rating. Together with CRA-related businesses, the CRA Group proactively manages Citi's reputational risk and relationships with external stakeholders, including bank regulators.
The CRA Group is comprised of five teams (CRA Governance & Policy, CRA Analysis, CRA Modernization & Transformation, CRA Regulatory Reporting, and CRA Verification) and is committed to maintaining Citi’s outstanding and best-in-class community reinvestment program.
The CRA Governance & Policy Director will report to the Head of the CRA Regulatory Group, who also serves as Citi’s Corporate CRA Officer, to oversee and administer Citi’s CRA program. The Director works closely with the Head of the CRA Regulatory Group, as well as the Group’s other managers, to leverage CRA knowledge and experience across Citi’s businesses and GPA and effectively collaborates in the execution of the CRA program.
The CRA Governance & Policy Director will play a critical strategic and thought leadership role in driving and implementing changes to Citi’s CRA program as Citi’s business model continues to evolve in response to the rapidly evolving banking industry and regulatory expectations, and in response to the recent OCC changes to the CRA regulatory framework. The individual will play a lead role in supporting the Head of the CRA Regulatory Group working on enterprise-wide initiatives and in preparing for meetings with the Board of Directors, and other high-level meetings. The role will include monitoring risk and control activities, including external examinations, internal audits, Independent Compliance Risk Management activities and regulatory compliance activities. The Director may be called upon to represent Citi on various CRA trade groups and industry associations.
Depending on prior experience, the role may have managerial responsibility of two teams responsible for the timely collection and validation of Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and CRA data that is submitted quarterly and annually to the banking agencies. Among the required attributes, the Director is motivated and confident to anticipate and drive change, is a persuasive thought leader skilled at solving problems and explaining complex issues. The Director has a strong knowledge of risk management framework, including processes, controls, and governance. The candidate is adept at developing and leading collaborative, high performance teams, with a strong ability to coach as well as to effectively communicate candid feedback in a constructive/supportive manner and cultivates a work environment that embraces continuous learning and improvement.
- Leading and actively contributing to the overall execution and strategic direction of Citi’s CRA program;
- Exercise both thought leadership and initiative in developing and leading the team’s efforts to implement changes to the CRA program in response to Citi’s evolving business model and regulatory requirements;
- Oversight management of the teams responsible for HMDA and CRA data validation and analysis;
- Drive change and enhancements to the CRA program, as necessary;
- Serve as point-of-contact for all CRA and HMDA external regulatory and data integrity examinations and internal horizontal CRA and HMDA audits conducted by Internal Audit to ensure effective planning, staffing and scheduling of such exams and audits;
- Provide critical assistance and focus on all regulatory exam management issues to include Data Integrity and CRA exams;
- Perform follow-ups and ensure procedural changes are implemented and documented as required pending the result of internal/compliance audits.
- Actively monitor regulatory changes and work closely with the Legal Department to draft comments on CRA, HMDA, and other related reforms, public hearings, testimonies, and public comment letters;
- Responsible for the development and updates to the CRA Policy and Procedures and recommends to senior management proposed changes to the other legal vehicle’s policies and procedures;
- Ensures the bank adheres to established policies and is in compliance with applicable laws and regulation affecting CRA and HMDA;
- Works closely with staff to develop corporate CRA training programs on concepts; practices, principles, and standards to ensure effective and consistent regulatory compliance;
- Serves as a subject matter expert and shares knowledge, skills, and perspective on CRA matters;
- Stays focused and up-to-date on matters affecting the GPA; and
- Remains abreast of developments in the CRA, including industry trends, best practices and emerging knowledge.
- Strategic and goal-oriented focus;
- Motivated and confident to drive change;
- Foresight to anticipate and respond to rapidly evolving needs and priorities;
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic and evolving work environment;
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, including astuteness in assessing appropriate content and tone for relevant audience;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Extremely organized, reliable and highly attentive to detail;
- Ability to successfully manage relationships across the firm and execute against collective goals;
- Good understanding of regulatory environment in the financial sector;
- Superior initiative and ability to work independently under time pressure;
- Proven success as a leader and as a team player, with ability to build collaborative relationships with managers and staff at all levels;
- Organizational savviness with ability to work across functions and levels of seniority;
- Ability to engage and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to communicate issues, leverage insights and share expertise to influence CRA decisions;
- Leadership experience including exercising initiative and innovative thinking; and
- Leadership abilities and experience with managing complex projects and regulatory exams.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in CRA, knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations, lending practices, and community and economic development issues;
- Demonstrable leadership and experience leading and managing change;
- Prior bank examination (CRA and /or compliance) experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook); and
- BA and/or advanced degree preferred.
Job Family Group:Communications and External Relations
Job Family:Community Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs