Compliance Product Sr Director - US Retail Bank and Mortgage
Serves as the key U.S. Retail Bank product compliance risk manager and thought leader for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rules, or regulations and designs and delivers a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, to partner, develop and apply Compliance Risk Management (CRM) program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. U. S Retail Bank generally includes coverage of Mortgage Originations, Mortgage Servicing, Retail Business Banking (Small Business), Retail Banking Products and Branches, and other areas of compliance support.
This role is responsible for developing and executing the strategy for the firm's ICRM program for the U.S Retail Bank businesses in line with and supporting the business strategy globally. Oversees the development and implementation of best-in-class ICRM policies and practices across the U.S. Retail Bank businesses and acts as a liaison with key regulators on ICRM issues. In addition, this role will partner closely with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance, Compliance Testing, and Operations Compliance to ensure a strong linkage between core ICRM and these related areas covering compliance risk management.
The role represents U. S. Retail Bank ICRM with internal and external stakeholders, including Citi management, Business, Compliance, and Function executives and regulators. Provides sophisticated compliance and risk management advice, subject matter expertise and participates in and oversees a variety of governance and planning initiatives at the senior level. This role will manage a team of Compliance Officers who provide compliance advisory services, design key risk indicators and compliance monitoring programs, identify reporting metrics associated with regulatory compliance program execution and develops corrective action plans to address deficiencies.
- Oversees the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices and set strategic ICRM direction.
- Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provides direction and guidance on the program.
- Leads and manages a staff of Compliance professionals, with direct accountability for hiring and organizational structure. Direct oversight for compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc. Provides input on performance and compensation recommendations for staff and utilities that provide related services on a matrix basis.
- Provides oversight and guidance over the assessment of broad complex issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other senior stakeholders.
- Provides advice to the businesses on an ongoing basis on new function/business/product initiatives, new products, business acquisitions, and client-related matters with respect to applicability of policies, resolution of potential red flags or other client/transaction-related compliance escalations.
- Assists in setting annual function/business/product and individual goals that support the overall compliance risk management strategy.
- Coordinates with function/business/product compliance heads to align individual programs and objectives with compliance strategy and risk appetite.
- Represents the U. S. Personal Banking & Wealth Management Chief Compliance Officer in significant strategic initiatives, as requested.
- Builds relationships with stakeholders by exhibiting strong subject matter expertise and brings a sense of urgency to pro-actively support client groups.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with other functional heads, working closely with Legal, other control functions, and Internal Audit to create a supportive and seamless culture of compliance, control, and ethical conduct.
- Provides leadership and collaboration with regional teams to set global direction, standards and plan execution, as appropriate.
- Provides leadership in creating and implementing policy and establishing the compliance risk management framework supporting the policy.
- Provide guidance to the function/business/product and thematic Compliance programs on the resolution of open issues related to audit and examination findings; reports progress to senior ICRM and Business/Function management, as appropriate.
- Proactively anticipates and helps the business plan for changes to the compliance and regulatory environment.
- Provide counsel to ICRM and U. S. Retail Bank management on policy interpretation and “gray area” exposures.
- Establishes professional relationships with relevant regulatory bodies and represents Citi and supported U. S. Retail Bank Compliance on regulatory matters, as required.
- Serves as the liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on all significant Compliance issues involving U. S Retail Bank and overseeing implementation of related remediation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 10 (ten) plus years’ experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques, structure potential solutions, and drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Experience managing diverse teams, and comfort navigating complex, highly matrixed organizations
- Ability to navigate and negotiate through conflicting demands to maintain focus on priority objectives while ensuring key stakeholders’ needs are met
- Strong team leadership, communication, interpersonal and management skills, with a track record of leading through change and the ability to effectively communicate the strategic vision to various stakeholder groups
- Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and escalation, and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style. Candidates must have effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and will display highly effective networking and influencing skills
- Executive presence and a reputation for building strong relationships with stakeholders and leading teams, both direct reports and in peer/influence models
- Subject matter expertise in the relevant laws, regulations and regulatory guidance covering the operations of U.S. Retail Banking (e.g., as well as regulatory guidelines on effective governance and risk management practices)
- Bachelor’s degree; At least 10 (ten) years’ experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience and current knowledge of product/function products and services, including interpretation and application of all related laws, regulations, guidance and directives.
- Advanced degree (e.g., JD, MBA) a plus
- Related certifications desirable, such as CRCM
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Product Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs