Compl Product Director - Electronic Trading Group Head of Quant
Serves as a Electronic Trading Group (ETG) Head of Quant compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs specific to Electronic Trading (ET) /Low Touch Activity (LTA) quantitative compliance to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and delivery of a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, ETG Head of Quant engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, ET businesses across (FX, Equities, Rates, GSP, Futures and Commodities) and all risk strips – Operational, Market, Credit and Model Risk, (while working under the direction of and reporting to the Global Head of ETG ICRM), in order to partner to develop and apply ICRM program solutions that meet the Electronic Trading needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include:
- Providing Electronic Trading (ET) /Low Touch Activity (LTA) compliance coverage to the Electronic-Trading-businesses within markets trading (FX, Equities, Rates, GSP, Futures and Commodities) .Provides compliance quantitative guidance on ET rules and regulations relating to operational issues, transactional approvals and the application of internal compliance policies for day-to-day activities.
- Managing a global team of (ETG) Compliance professionals. Developing, attracting, and retaining talent; recommending staffing levels required to carry out the s ETG Quant role and responsibilities effectively while establishing and adhering to talent management processes and compensation and performance management programs. Mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class global ET Quant Compliance program, with corresponding policies and practices for ETG ICRM. Translates ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies; provides direction and guidance on the programs.
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to ET rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the ET assessment of complex issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other stakeholders. Provides Quant ICRM advice to the ET businesses on an ongoing basis on new initiatives, new products, acquisitions, and client-related matters with respect to applicability of policies, resolution of potential red flags or other client/transaction-related compliance escalations.
- Representing Citi on critical regulatory ET matters as required. Serves as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical ET Compliance issues and oversees the implementation of related remediation. Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact ET.
- Supporting and challenging the ET businesses in performing timely compliance reviews of new marketing material, transactions and/or products related to quantitative applications within ET.
- Managing ICRM initiatives as required, such as the implementation of new Compliance systems, controls, and related project management work efforts.
- Responsible for reviewing and assessing controls and their applications regarding regulatory/compliance requirements (e.g. SEC 15c3-5, MiFID II, FX Code of Conduct), with a focus on technology and electronic trading risks, as well as, assessing and reviewing processes to prevent violations of rule or regulation and it’s design to assess conduct risks
- Assisting in the development and administration of ET Quant Compliance training across ET businesses.
- Overseeing the monitoring and identification of ET regulatory developments, including enforcement actions, and new laws, regulations, rules, and interpretations or guidance relating to ET.
- Working with the various groups within ET Risk Management stakeholders to understand e-trading systems, strategies and market structures to identify and assess risks, provide technical quant compliance expertise to assist 1LOD to implement automated controls in order to oversee and ensure operational, financial, compliance and regulatory risks and understood, managed and controlled. Analyzing and scoping the impact including applicability of new and complex regulatory developments across ET including cross-border impact.
- Assisting in the establishment of ICRM Quant ET policies, procedures and controls to comply with these new or changed laws and regulations.
- Participating in industry groups and trade association working groups or other forums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
Required: Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of programming and Electronic Trading related laws and regulations, previous experience managing a diverse staff.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science/Information Systems and Finance/ Law is preferred
- Working knowledge of programming languages (C/C++, Java, SQL, etc.)
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in Markets technology, trading/markets compliance and/or risk management
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Knowledge of financial markets and trading products (across Fixed Income and Equities) specific to Electronic Trading (ET) with a focus on systems, strategies and controls across alternative trading systems, MTFs, single dealer platforms, etc.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate Electronic Trading controls
- Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance Quant program
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse Electronic Trading businesses
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
- Ability to challenge ET management and escalate issues when appropriate
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
- Comfortable navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
- Proficiency with a variety of IT applications , as well as, proficiency in coding/programming and experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), testing and QA assessments are preferred
- Ability to work across ET Trading & Sales desks, Technology & Risk groups within the 1LOD to provide technical Quant Compliance oversight and independent challenge
- Ability to proficiently understand the control framework of ET and corresponding Algo/Strategy Execution activities in order to implement quantitative reviews of control processes and provide escalations to relevant ET forums/stakeholders.
- Business analysis, program/project management, involvement in Electronic Trading governance preferred.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Product Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs