Community Lending Officer - Multiple Locations
The Community Mortgage Lending Officer is an entry level position responsible for driving mortgage sales and client relationships through engagement with community clients, diverse real estate agents, and affordable housing non-profit partners in coordination with the Consumer Product Sales team. The role is directly responsible for the sale of a specific product or product set directly to clients.
- Consult with customers about their financial situation, financial and personal objectives and lending needs for the purpose of helping them achieve their home ownership goals.
- Collect and analyze information about the customer's financial situation, financial and personal goals, tolerance for risk and change, plans for the future, income, assets, debts, cash flow, and credit history.
- Analyze financial information for customers to make an initial assessment regarding whether the customer and the property may qualify for a particular lending solution.
- Make recommendations to customers about which lending solutions would best meet the customers' financial and personal objectives
- Advise customers about the consequences, risks, and benefits of alternative lending solutions.
- Promote Citi's brand, and promote Citi as the provider for lending and other financial solutions. This includes promoting Citi and its financial services to real estate agencies, builders, other referral sources, and customers.
- Visit customers outside of Citi's offices, with such visits to vary based on clientele, geography, market conditions, and other factors.
- Work as a team with all internal partners to support and grow our customers.
- Refer customers who seek financial services other than lending solutions to the appropriate Citi professionals.
- Partner with Operations teams to ensure the seamless transfer of the loan application in order to provide documents to the Processors and acquire any additional information needed by the Processors and/or Underwriters.
- Work with Processors/Closers and customers to ensure the timely closing of the customer's loan.
- Go outside to key referral relationships (Realtors, CPA's, Builders, etc). to drive mortgage business into the bank.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- Introduce clients to segment partners when appropriate (including but not limited to Bank, Wealth Management, Small Business, Cards, etc.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in local marketplace, as well as changing rules and regulations across the industry, and expand internal and external network to better serve clients and industry professionals
- Attend a minimum of 2 – 3 Diverse Realtor and/or affordable housing nonprofit events per month.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Residential Mortgage experience required
- 3+ years previous mortgage sales experience required
- Established relationships with diverse realtor organizations and affordable lending nonprofits in origination territory
- Experience with community loan products inclusive of specialized LMI mortgage solutions, lender paid assistance programs and 3rd party assistance programs.
- Established book of business
- FHA/VA & conventional loan experience is preferred
- The ability to comprehend and explain financial calculations and pricing alternatives.
- The ability to communicate with customers about the proper documents and information needed to obtain a particular loan.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern consumer lending, including fair lending, privacy, and RESPA.
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong relationship development and management skills
- Expertise of general lending products and overall mortgage industry.
- This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing
- System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities.
- Originate minimum of 3 loans per month with a minimum mix of 50% being either CRA eligible or within minority tracts.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Consumer Sales
Job Family:Consumer Product Sales
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs