Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Chief Auditor - Financial RiskApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Internal Audit Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20162333
The Chief Auditor is a senior level position responsible for leading Citi Internal Audit’s (IA’s) risk based audit approach, in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure Citi IA is the leading IA function in the financial services industry, and to manage IA’s relationships with key stakeholders.
Leads Citi IA’s risk based audit approach to provide timely, complete, high quality and forward looking assurance over the end to end control framework for Financial Risk including Price Risk, Wholesale Credit Risk and Retail Credit Risk. Proactively manages IA’s relationships with key business stakeholders, including members of the Risk Management Executive Committee, product and function senior management and regulators.
- IA Risk Leadership Team – Is a member of the IA Risk Leadership Team and actively contributes to maintaining Citi IA as one of the leading IA functions in the financial services industry. Key areas of focus include: strategy, methodology, innovation, quality control, thought leadership and human capital management.
- Financial Risk Executive Management – Proactively interacts with executive management to provide credible challenge and positively influence the risk management and control frameworks across the end to end activities covering Price Risk, Wholesale Credit Risk and Retail Credit Risk . Escalates significant issues on a timely basis, including the adequacy of corrective action. Contributes to the articulation and assessment of emerging risks and issues across the business, engages with executive management and provides input to strategic dialogues.
- Financial Risk IA view and audit coverage – Maintains an understanding of the industry market, legal and regulatory requirements, Citi business activities and material developments to ensure IA activity is sufficient and relevant to delivering timely assurance over material risks within the Financial Risk areas. Provides an ongoing opinion on the adequacy of the culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control disciplines. Helps orchestrate consistent high quality IA activity across Citi IA.
- Global regulatory relationships – Manages IA’s regulatory relationships resulting in constructive 2-way dialogue, trust in the IA function and general reliance being placed on IA’s audit work. Meets specific regulatory requirements relating to IA whilst following the standard IA coverage model to the greatest extent possible
- Governance, risk and control committees – Provides impactful, valuable and ongoing IA input through active participation and formal reporting at key committees and meetings. Promote knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across IA and Citigroup.
- IA team – Attracts, develops, motivates and retains a highly diverse and effective Financial Risk IA team. Works with the other IA Chief Auditors to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of IA resources, taking into consideration the costs and experience of local and global auditors as well as leveraging different audit approaches and innovative audit tools. Identifies and develops talent providing long term career opportunities within IA and other parts of Citi.
- Executive presence and expert in building and maintaining strong open relationships with executive stakeholders, working as a partner and exerting influence in a constructive manner.
- Advanced understanding of risk management and control frameworks relating to Market / Price Risk and Credit Risk in leading international organizations.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the true risks of complex global issues, escalate to the appropriate level and provide advice on pragmatic commercial solutions.
- Thought leader in current IA best practice, innovative IA developments and leading the design and delivery of quality risk based forward looking audit plans. Experience of successfully managing major transformational projects.
- Outstanding performer, open minded, resilient, agile, energetic, self-starter, articulate and empathetic whilst being confident to deliver opinions to bring about positive outcomes.
- Proven and progressive business, audit, accountancy or other broad relevant experience, preferably including specific focus on Market / Price and Credit Risks (20 years preferred).
- Strong leadership skills including a track record of identifying and developing world class talent. Experienced in leading large dispersed professional teams.
- Educated to degree level and holder of a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CA, CPA, ACA or CIA).
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.