CCB CLM WCR Underwriting, Early Warning and Credit Monitoring Lead
CCB CLM WCR Underwriting, Early Warning and Credit Monitoring Lead (C15)
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what is right fuel our culture.
This role will be part of Global CLM office, and provide business leadership for engagement with Institutional Credit Management (“ICM”) and CCB related to underwriting and credit monitoring activities and for assessing the impact of Wholesale Credit Risk (“WCR”) Target Operating Model on CCB products and credit programs at local and global level. Additionally the role will have primary oversight in buildout of effective Early Warning function to support business in all of CCB ‘s 30+ countries.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Apply understanding of CCB’s current state credit portfolio performance measurement metrics and indicators, and the process for related data collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting activities as well as functions and roles involved in these activities across CCB markets
- Oversee buildout of CCB Early Warning teams under the WCR Target Operating Model including transition of existing of local CCB EW teams under the new framework
- Oversee appropriateness, applicability and adoption of CCB specific Early Warning portfolio triggers
- Accountable for inventory and documented attributes of CCB-specific Early Warning Indicators beyond the core WCR inventory from CCB standpoint
- Develop meaningful CCB-specific Early Warning/ Indicator monitoring and reporting processes to drive actionable management of potential credit deterioration, and changes to risk profiles.
- Identify gaps against the defined WCR target state and variances across CCB processes, including any country-specific systems and workflow tools in use across CCB globally, and subsequently, drive resolution of gaps and standardization of variances where appropriate, including:
- updates to CCB owned procedures, local credit programs and country-level appendices
- training to impacted RMs, CLM and Ops teams on revised processes
- coordination with Technology on updates to systems and workflow tools to align with target state processes
- confirmation from regional/county leads on adoption of target state processes, including collection of evidence as appropriate
- Define variances that need to be standardized or remain as is, developing resolutions and understanding the rationale, in collaboration with the related Citi functions’ (including Independent Risk, Remedial, Legal, Finance etc.), CCB markets’, regions’ representatives and Global CLM Team,
- Inform and influence the design of any centralized Portfolio Management Function by keeping engaged with ICM and other lines of businesses, accordingly design the implementation planning including impact analysis specific to CCB such as organizational changes, transition of people amongst functions and new location/hub strategies through mapping of current and target state roles & responsibilities changes across CLM, Early Warning Officers and Independent Risk Portfolio Management Officers
- Undertake HC adequacy in CLM monitoring teams and centralized Early Warning functions; and ensure cost allocations are optimized
- Accountable to ensure CCB has adopted the target state underwriting and monitoring processes and procedures consistently through;
- monitoring of adoption rates of target state processes and procedures against the planned timeliness, keeping CLM Market Heads and CLM Regional Heads accountable, including collection of adoption evidences as appropriate and providing reporting to the PMO Lead and escalating any risks, issues and dependencies
- testing consistency to WCR-wide standards & changes such as regulatory changes while identifying CCB’s nuances based on customer portfolio characteristics, to make sure required details are communicated within CCB and ICM; planned, proposed for sign-off by WCR Management and implemented in a robust manner
- Provide leadership, direction and management to staff within the managed business function
Critical competencies for ideal candidate:
- Expert knowledge of underwriting, credit portfolio management processes in Citi or in other global Commercial and/or Corporate Banking institutions
- Understanding of global credit policies, local credit programs and country-level appendices, impact to EWIs and reporting
- Must have prior experience running early warning teams for commercial portfolio
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and analyzes value and impact of activities
- Communicates details and significance of controls by sharing regional/country best practices
- Expert-level knowledge of CCB products regionally and globally
- Sets business plans and strategic goals
- Gains commitment from team from the start and communicates change effectively
- Pursues global Citi partnership
- Experience in working cross-functionally and across regions/functions to drive partnership development, success and to deliver KPIs
- Exhibits confidence and agility during change and transition to rally others around a clear purpose/direction, and keep focus during uncertainty
- Open to risk taking by challenging the status quo and actively encouraging others to be bold- rewarding and recognizing both successes and test and learn examples
- Highly skilled communicator with the ability to deeply connect with People: good listener, expresses ideas in a confident, organized and articulate manner and demonstrates advanced influence skills
- Maintains high levels of credibility with key stakeholders within the organization and holds self and others accountable for working in an inclusive way
- Conducts rigorous analysis and is able to synthesize complex and multiple source data
- 15+ years in underwriting, credit risk management, early warning and/or credit portfolio management processes in commercial and/or corporate lending field with increasing levels of responsibility
- Must have strong knowledge of Commercial Banking products and the competitive landscape of this business
- Experience in gap analysis and implementation planning, strategy development
- Comprehensive multi market functional knowledge developed through practical experience in defining and delivering solutions within a global and diverse financial services environment.
- Successful record in working and managing within matrix organizations across multiple geographies and jurisdictions is required
- Prior experience in leading process design change at an enterprise scale
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Business Administration
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs