C14 – Capital Planning Quality Assurance, Accountability & Attestation Lead
C14 – Capital Planning Quality Assurance, Accountability & Attestation Lead
The Capital Planning team within Citi Treasury is responsible for all aspects of capital analysis, forecasting and planning for Citi, including providing programmatic leadership for the firm’s development of capital ratios; Risk Weighted Assets (RWA); CCAR capital plans; and Recovery & Resolution plans. The organization spans the full capital planning continuum, with the Head of Capital Planning reporting to the Citi Treasurer.
The Capital Planning team has created a dedicated Quality Assurance function, headed by a Managing Director, that articulates how and why Citi can take confidence in the outputs of its capital planning processes. This is an essential function to maintain the requisite level of transparency and accountability throughout the end-to-end capital planning process, which over time must be harmonized between all points of the stress continuum, from BAU (including spot RWA) to stress (CCAR) to severe stress (Recovery), to the ultimate resolution of the firm. The Capital Planning Quality Assurance (CPQA) function is responsible for the following key aspects of capital planning including:
- Understanding, contextualizing, aggregating, synthesizing and reporting the key Assumptions, material model Limitations and Weaknesses (collectively, ALWs) across Citi’s capital planning processes, with a specific and immediate focus on spot RWA and CCAR
- Executing quality assurance program that provides confidence in reported spot RWA as well as help identifying any data gaps that must be mitigated by compensating controls
- Developing a control framework that requires consistent end-to-end controls from point of origin to spot RWA calculation and regulatory reporting
- Implementing and maintaining an end-to-end attestation framework that serves as evidence for execution of consistent set of controls
- Establishing and maintaining issues and errors management framework and process that ensures that material issues related to spot RWA and CCAR are assessed, escalated, and mitigated in a timely manner. As applicable, monitor and track the implementation of mitigating controls
This role will support the Head of Control Frameworks within the CPQA team to build out a robust accountability and attestation framework that supports the processes owned by Capital Planning. This framework will include a sustainable operating model that evidences the execution of a rationalized set of key controls across the spot RWA, CCAR and RRP calculation and reporting processes, as well as the material accuracy of data flowing across the end-to-end reporting process.
This role will play an integral part in implementing the plans necessary to close the gaps identified by the Consent Order planning efforts, and the firm-wide, cross-functional execution of those plans over a multi-year timeframe. This role will also partner with other members of the Capital Planning team to help design, rationalize, and strengthen the firm’s attestation programs that evidence a well-functioning control environment supporting the firm’s capital planning goals.
This is a highly strategic “build the bank” role that will provide significant exposure to senior management and will partner extensively with colleagues across Finance/FRSS; the CCAR and RRP workstreams; 2nd line of defence functions including the Capital Planning Review Group; and front office business lines. Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required given the high level of interaction with senior managers, auditors and regulators.
The Accountability & Attestation Lead will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the Head of Control Frameworks in designing target state accountability and attestation framework covering end-to-end spot RWA and CCAR processes
- Deliver tactical solutions over a short-term horizon to develop an attestation roles matrix and systemically obtain attestations prior to quarter-end RWA reporting
- Lead the target state implementation of accountability and attestation framework that provides end-to-end view of control effectiveness
- Leverage business intelligence solutions (e.g., workflow tools, Tableau, Alteryx) to report, monitor and govern control effectiveness by implementing KRIs / KPIs
- Enable continuous improvement by partnering with workstream leads and senior stakeholders to proactively design solutions for identified weaknesses or gaps
- Develop a strong working relationship with process owners across the organization in support of their individual responsibilities and in support of creating a holistic framework in which the firm executes its collective capital planning responsibilities
- Exceptional communication skills, including well-developed verbal, written and presentation skills. Must be able to quickly create concise, informative executive summaries for internal and external stakeholders that convey a well-developed “story” and advocate for a well-reasoned point of view.
- Creative skills necessary to craft persuasive, well-researched narratives for senior consumption.
- Aptitude for translating strategy into execution in a complex and cross-functional organization.
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to distil complex ideas into simple stories
- Previous experience in Treasury, Finance Controllers or audit functions is preferred.
- Prior experience in implementing large control programs is preferred.
- Understanding of capital markets and/or institutional banking is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of proven leadership experience in financial services industry or management consulting experience in capital management / Basel.
- Strong audit / compliance instincts and ability to apply independent judgment to historical business practices, with a proven ability and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- A self-starter with ability to independently manage work and drive multiple deliverables concurrently.
- Ability to gain consensus and agreement across disparate functions, products and geographies.
- Must have ability to stay ahead in a constantly changing environment. Must be a change agent, ensuring others understand current direction.
- An undergraduate degree is required. An MBA, CPA or CFA is preferred.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Fin Solutions Dsgn & Implement
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs