C13, VP, Relationship Manager, Services Industry, MC Segment
Relationship Manager – Diversified & Financial Services
The Diversified & Financial Services group is a new group within the US CCB established to cover clients in two areas, Diversified Services and Financial Services.
Applicants for this role are expected to prospect and manage banking relationships for firms in both the Diversified & Financial Services industries.
Diversified Services firms provide general business services encompassing a wide array of subsectors including, but not limited to, the following:
- Professional Services—Law, Accounting, Research, Management Consulting, and Public Relations
- Workplace Solutions—Staffing, Executive Recruiting, Training, BPO, and PEOs
- Engineering & Construction—Engineering, Architectural & Construction
- Environmental Services—Environmental Consulting, Waste & Recycling, and the Circular Economy
- Government Contractors—Government Services including Procurement and IT Staffing
Financial Services firms include a broad spectrum of firms across three macro sectors encompassing a wide array of subsectors including, but not limited to, the following:
- Financial Institutions—Fund Managers, Investment Advisors, Insurance, and Broker Dealers
- Real Estate—Real Estate Services, Property Managers, and Mortgage Services
- Asset Managers—Financial Sponsors, Hedge Funds, Business Development Firms, and SPAC’s
The Diversified & Financial Services group reports into our Mid Corporate business and will be focused on banking both publicly traded and privately held, predominately growth focused, companies that are US-headquartered companies. The Diversified Services target market is scoped for companies generating annual revenues between $100 million and $1 billion. The Financial Services target market is scoped for companies generating annual revenues between $20 million and $3 billion. Growth in this segment is based on a prudent and organized approach to client selection and capital allocation to ensure we are developing strong relationships with clients who seek Citi’s unique value proposition based on our global platform and sophisticated product set.
Success requires a skill set and experience that allows the bank to offer customers and prospects more complex products and customized transaction structures. Our Diversified & Financial Services Relationship Managers are responsible for evaluating and meeting clients’ needs by efficiently utilizing the bank’s resources across the globe. They work closely with partners in Treasury Management, FX trading and Credit Risk to conduct in-depth analysis and customize solutions. They are held accountable for maintaining and growing relationships successfully over time.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to CEOs and CFOs providing creative financial solutions and superior execution. Gain client confidence and trust to achieve first right of refusal on clients’ business opportunities.
- Responsible for new client acquisition and portfolio management of diversified services clients who need financial services and products to meet their needs.
- Actively build a pipeline and call on clients and develop relationships at multiple levels across the client’s organization.
- Build and maintain partner relationships with centers of influence, influential organizations, and leaders in the Diversified & Financial Services eco-systems; build and establish thought leadership within “services communities.”
- Develop and execute both short and long-term plans to differentiate Citi from other, entrenched competitors allowing the bank higher share of wallet and relationship profitability.
- Partner with product specialists to develop a comprehensive, tailored relationship plan for each client and prospect that identifies business opportunities and targets specific action items to provide multi-product banking solutions to clients.
- Partner with other Citi businesses to ensure support to overall client and franchise objectives.
- Expertly structure deals to balance risk and reward.
- Closely support clients to identify business opportunities and anticipate potential risks. Proactively act on possible risk issues and concerns.
- Demonstrate strong and visible leadership and foster positive attitudes and trust among clients, prospects, and employees.
- Strictly adhere to internal organizational and control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Ensure that the organization’s activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
- This position requires moderate travel, depending on the portfolio mix and geographical base location.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of relationship management experience with clients in the services or related space with companies in the target market revenue bands outlined above. Minimum overall banking experience of 10 years.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience in structuring and closing global cash management and FX solutions for clients with international presence.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of banking products and services typically utilized by companies in the Diversified & Financial Services subsectors.
Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Be a highly visible, adaptable, and goal-oriented individual who must meet stretch targets in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Thrive in a flat organizational structure leveraging talented junior resources to meet personal and business goals.
- Possess superior business development focus and demonstrate innovative financial solutions and structures to client situations.
- Be highly focused, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate priorities, and ensure resources are properly aligned.
- Able to demonstrate sound credit judgement during transaction structuring and present compelling proposals to credit and risk officers and secure buy in. Formal credit training required.
- Demonstrate excellent presence and interpersonal skills that allow development of relationships at multiple levels within the client organization.
- Demonstrate strong financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information.
- Possess superior communication, persuasion, and influence skills that facilitate successful client pitches and proposals.
Job Family Group:Commercial and Business Sales
Job Family:Relationship Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs