Business Simplification Group -Taxonomy & Capabilities Team
Business Simplification Group - Taxonomy & Capabilities Team
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients’ best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do. We keep the bank safe and provide the technical tools our workers need to be successful. We design our digital architecture and ensure our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. Our operations teams manage risk, resources, and program management. We focus on enterprise resiliency and business continuity. We develop, coordinate, and execute strategic operational plans. Essentially, Enterprise Operations & Technology re-engineers client and partner processes to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and controlled services.
The Business Simplification Group is a dynamic strategic organization at the forefront of the Citi Transformation efforts. We act as a catalyst across businesses and functions driving the transformation of Citi into a simpler, customer-centric organization. We are responsible for partnering with business lines and functions to establish the framework for and execute the simplification program, which includes developing enterprise-wide domain taxonomies, publishing standard playbooks and procedures, as well as creating process and design engineering models. We also provide the businesses and functions with ongoing governance, program oversight, and metrics and reporting to ensure consistency, control, and accountability as it relates to the program. We partner with the business to develop the frameworks that are the foundations of everything we do.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve globally from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We’ll enable growth and progress together.
Success in this regard necessitates the need for a common language around which the Firm can frame its enterprise architecture – both in the context of current and future state. That common language will be based on taxonomies which describe several dimensions of the Firm’s operations including Services, Business Process, Function, Data, Technology, Risk, and Controls.
Our ability to maintain and relate these taxonomies to help frame our transformation journey, lies at the center of both the ECDO and BSG agendas. We need to develop a set of strategic capabilities that address the federation, visualization and exploration of such relationships. In that regard we are looking to hire several C14 roles in this arena. Candidates for such roles should be able to exhibit a combination of the criteria below with varying levels of seniority.
The candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and delivering data governance, management and Data Quality capabilities. with extensive experience working in an agile environment and a deep understanding of data product management. S/he will organize and lead data product lifecycle delivery and be accountable for management of global, complex and critical strategic control programs and projects.
This role requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within and across functions and how they interact in order to achieve business simplification, data governance, standards and control objectives. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. The incumbent is responsible for assessing complex issues, structuring potential solutions, and driving to resolution with senior stakeholders.
• Define the strategy, product roadmap and priorities for data product workstreams, integrating partner / customer needs, data strategy and processes to drive the business case and delivery of new / enhanced data management capabilities / tools.
• Establish strong relationships with data domain owners, businesses / global functions and technology partners to create high-level roadmaps and detailed delivery plans supporting firm-wide data management initiatives and regulatory commitments.
• Lead a team responsible for translating the requirements for enterprise data management initiatives and commitments into actionable components that can be delivered wholly or in increments and then working to allocate resources for each initiative.
• Aligning with the data strategy vision, manage the data product roadmap and prioritize the expansion of platform capabilities, including those managed in an Agile setting.
• Lead the execution and adoption for business-critical data capabilities, leveraging industry-leading data techniques.
• Review tactical implications for data domains, businesses, global functions ensuring target state goals and an enterprise data strategy view are represented in requirements; partnering with Businesses / Global Functions to perform business and data analyses.
• Partner across businesses, global functions, data domain owners to obtain buy-in to the business strategy, interim and target states, supporting execution plans and driving adoption.
• Manage and prioritize projects based on business needs and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and drive continuous product and process improvement.
• Drive adherence to program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery and leverage across the program
• Standardize product management processes (operational and development) and project artifacts to ensure the implementation/release cycles across data management tools follow the same protocol and product lifecycle, as defined
• Build a team responsible for actively participating in program increment planning, roadmap activities, program prioritization and sequencing activities.
• Interface with Internal Audit, ORM and ICRM to facilitate reviews and validation of the Program deliverables
• Direct the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including Senior Management, on a timely basis
• Lead prioritization of work for delivery teams based on business value and engagement with stakeholders
• Monitor resource capabilities and arrange for coaching, training or resource adjustments
• Address potential risks during product development lifecycle to ensure adherence to policies and standards are rigorously enforced.
• Ensure all training material, recorded sessions reflect current tool functionality providing data capabilities.
• 10+ years of extensive experience in the management of enterprise data assets and products in a large, complex organization; data technology, agile, design thinking
• Financial services - experience in delivering change to businesses in the financial services market
• Enterprise business architecture - experience in designing and delivering targeted solutions to global business communities
• Business specialization - deep subject matter expertise in one or more financial services products that impact multiple business silos
• Regulator exposure - experience in resolving regulatory findings (e.g. MRAs / MRIAs) and supporting regulatory communications. Experienced in working with IA, ICRM and ORM.
• Business process re-engineering - demonstrable experienced in BPM techniques
• Large scale solution adoption - experience in delivering testing, training, deployment and adoption strategies for large scale, global roll out
• Cross silo intermediation - ability to work amongst business groups with competing priorities and facilitate compromise & agreement
• Technology and business intermediary - work hand-in-hand with technology and business partners to ensure efficient and effective delivery
• Team Leadership - effective at establishing & leading teams in multiple locations and designing location strategies to meet budget profiles
• Significant communication experience with executive constituents; presentation, facilitation, oral, written, listening skills and proven track record of conflict resolution.
• Demonstrated thought leadership in financial analysis, organizational strategy, process re-engineering (six sigma, Agile, Lean, etc.) and other transformation capabilities.
• Ability to quickly grasp and assimilate complex information throughout multiple business units and make or influence rapid fact-based decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through a complex transformation and resolve significant corporate conflicts.
• Role model for and driver of a culture of ethics, learning and accountability. Positive, can-do attitude, action and results-oriented, decisive, and willing to take control of a situation when required; trusted advisor with sound judgment even when managing against aggressive timelines.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Job Family:Business Process Re-Engineering
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs