Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
AVP, Balance Sheet AnalystApply Now Locations: New York, New York Job Function: Finance Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19120611
The Asset and Liability Management (ALM) unit is a centralized function within Citigroup’s Group Treasury and has three primary areas of focus: (1) Balance Sheet Analytics and Management (BSAM); (2) Transfer Pricing Policy and Execution; and (3) Modeling.
The Balance Sheet Analytics and Management (BSAM) group is responsible for managing the overall balance sheet of the firm to drive results and achieve financial targets, driving internal and external communication of the strategy and performance of the balance sheet, and conducting analytics and projects related to the firm’s NIR/NIM, IRE and associated financial metrics.
In addition, the group partners and collaborates with teams across the firm including Business Treasury, Citi Treasury Investments (CTI), Capital Management, Business and Corporate FP&A, Investor Relations, Controllers, Risk and FRI to achieve the objectives of Treasury and the firm.
We expect the candidate to be a strong contributor of ideas, particularly on analytical and project-oriented work. Our goals are to provide a fulfilling and rewarding environment for candidates and develop their leadership skills, while at the same time obtain high quality output from them. In addition to mastering specific assignments, it is expected that the participant will utilize this opportunity to gain an understanding of how Treasury and Finance groups are structured and build a broad network across functions.
The candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Develop weekly key metrics dashboards for Citi’s Treasurer and drive daily intra-month balance sheet analytics
- Prepare analyses and materials for monthly CFO balance sheet reviews, quarterly earnings prep sessions, ALCO meetings, and Board meetings
- Coordinate work streams on behalf of Treasury related to Citi’s core financial forecasting processes including the annual Operating Plan, Mid-Year Forecast, and monthly Outlooks
- Perform in-depth balance sheet variance analysis and attribution, as well as other ad hoc analytics
- Support strategic net interest revenue (NIR) and net interest margin (NIM) management actions, and assist with identifying potential business opportunities to optimize Citigroup’s balance sheet
- Enhance and streamline internal processes and controls
- The candidate will gain a solid understanding of the ALM function, which is a key function within Citi Treasury and Finance and whose mandate is a priority to the organization
The candidate will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to the ALM team and gain analytical expertise in net interest revenues (NIR), net interest margin (NIM), interest rate risk metrics, liquidity, transfer pricing, balance sheet management and strategies that drive Citi’s balance sheet composition and earnings
The candidate will gain a broad understanding of treasury and asset and liability management issues through a combination of exposure to recurring activities and participation in meaningful and impactful projects
- The candidate will have a chance to sharpen analytical and communication skills as many of the projects involved require solutions to unique problems or issues and high level of exposure to senior management
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or related fields;
- Self-motivated with strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to create, analyze and review spreadsheet models;
- Organized, with attention to detail and excellent at multi-tasking;
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Strong ability to collaborate as part of a team;
- A positive "can do" attitude;
- Prior Citi experience, including knowledge of the Pearl and/or Ruby systems is a plus;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.