Trading Risk and Control Data Quality Senior Vice President
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Financial Resources Management
Financial Resources Management (FRM) provides in-business leadership on capital and liquidity management and efficiency across the Institutional Clients Group. The team exists to solve complex problems, concentrating on regulatory & capital optimization opportunities to support the business strategy of the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) franchise. In partnership with Risk, Finance, Front Office, Compliance, and Technology groups, FRM provides guidance, structure, and analysis for efficiency efforts and project portfolios
The Strategic Projects team in FRM collaborates across both FRM and the ICG franchises to track, manage, and coordinate programs from initiation to delivery. Strategic Projects exist to facilitate collaboration between various teams, to manage risks and issues during the project lifecycle, and identify high-impact issues that require solutions.
Trading Risk and Control Data Quality Senior Analyst
The FRM Strategic Projects team is looking for a Senior Vice President to work in close collaboration with the Markets Trading Risk and Controls Team to design and implement an effective data and controls framework for various regulatory programs, with an initial focus on the Standardized Approach to Counterparty Credit Risk (SA-CCR). The Markets Trading Risk and Control team also leads data quality workstreams for theDerivatives and Securities Financing Transactions (DSFT), Price Risk, and Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB) programs.
The role involves designing and implementing an effective data and controls framework for these programs as well as addressing exceptions and managing down applicable risk reduction metrics. The successful candidate will have demonstrable prior experience, knowledge and understanding of data quality controls and governance, inclusive of knowledge of the Markets business and the risk function.
The successful candidate will work in close partnership with the Markets Trading Risk and Control Data Quality team, which is a growing group, established to support various initiatives aimed at addressing data quality issues by providing business oversight and ownership to drive remediation, reporting, and escalation across various stakeholders and supporting groups. The group will help to design and manage the data quality governance structure for these multi-year programs, establishing a best-in-class control environment to address identified DQ issues.
- Accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function.
- Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity.
- Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions.
- Ensure that emerging risks identified are socialized with key stakeholders and mitigation strategies are in place.
- Identify areas of engagement based on level of investment, inherent risk, complexity of change and other risk factors
- Execute Risk Control coverage strategy, ensure appropriate risk mitigation actions are in place and escalate to senior management as appropriate
- Provide supervision of Risk Control team's efforts and assist with prioritizing and addressing roadblocks encountered
- Leverage reporting to identify trends, themes and areas requiring improved controls
- Drive Manager's Control Assessment monitoring, quarterly approvals and improvements required
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years experience in Risk and people management
- Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary.
- Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Institutional Trading
Job Family:Quantitative Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs