Lead Finance Officer - Global Markets & Securities Services
The Global Markets & Securities Services Lead Finance Officer team supplies the CFO, Heads of the various businesses and other senior management with analyses and insight into Global Markets & Securities Services financial results and projections. Through this work, the team facilitates decision making to drive performance and strategy of global products, regions and in-business functions, and also for use with external analysts, regulators and investors.
The Lead Finance Officer is responsible for the direction of the Global Markets & Securities Services financial, fiscal, and other performance related activities, in accordance with accepted accounting principles issued by the FASB, the SEC and other regulatory and advisory organizations, financial management techniques and general practices for the banking industry. Management responsibilities (direct and in many instances in full partnership with other disciplines) typically include budgeting/planning, financial analysis, treasury, accounting, asset and liability management, capital management, tax, and financial control activities. Directs and coordinates activities with independent public accountants and various regulatory agencies concerned with the franchises' financial position and related statements. Partners to represent the firm, specifically related to Global Markets & Securities Services, on financial matters with industry, governmental, and regulatory organizations as well as with ratings agencies and outside investors, as applicable.
- Responsible for leading all financial aspects of the Global Markets & Securities Services franchise for Finance
- Keeping in mind the goals of the Firm, identify and assess key financial and strategic issues for Markets & Securities Services, including a comprehensive review of the balance sheet and P&L by product line as well as by asset and liability type and entity across all businesses, product, risk stripe and geography
- Assess asset and liability guidelines for transactions, including potential constraints and appropriate internal management review and approval processes
- Identify and advise on Markets & Securities Services business solutions to senior management regarding financial trends, risks, and opportunities
- Drive process improvement within Global Markets & Securities Services Finance and lead transformation efforts with successful execution
- Provide an external view as to how we compare to our competitors and how the marketplace views the business
- Ensure uncompromised partnership working with the Treasury and Product Control teams that manage the day-to-day activities of their respective functions
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of QMMF, Operating Plan, Stress-Testing, financial reports, competitive performance and financial trends in order to assist the ICG CFO, Markets & Securities Services Heads, the Board, EMQM and Senior Management and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Ensure expense vigilance and partner with the business to deliver financial objectives, continuing to drive BAU expenses down while selectively investing in key initiatives, and gaining better visibility and understanding of allocated expenses
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization, i.e., evaluation of potential Markets & Securities Services alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers
- Drive the development of strategic plan for Markets & Securities Services and ensure integration with ICG’s and Citi’s overall strategic planning process
- Partner with Regional Finance and lead key partner interactions within Markets & Securities Services regional heads providing insights on financial and strategic issues, as well as information relating to capital planning, balance sheet management, investment opportunities, restructuring, budgeting, reporting and controls
- Maintain strong relationships with the regulators across the business
- Lead and develop a high performing team across the multiple geographies within Global Markets & Securities Services Finance
- Provide financial reports to Citibank Management and the Citibank leadership team, where appropriate, including key Markets & Securities Services financial performance, metrics, revenues, expense trends, projected earnings and returns
- Liaise with senior management on strategic business planning and policy development (e.g., balance sheet costing and other finance related policies and practices)
- Partner with and receive support from Treasury in appropriately managing issues related to balance sheet management, capital, transfer pricing and relative funding cost
- Take the lead and coordinate with Treasury on the various Markets & Securities Services Capital Planning aspects (ICAAP, Recovery Planning)
- Manage the finance division structure and team to ensure superior business partnership, advice, service and support with an eye towards continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong accounting and internal control skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven ability and experience in recruiting, leading and building a high performing team; must have strong understanding of managing teams in multiple geographies
- Team player with high energy level/drive
- 15+ years of business/financial leadership experience. Senior Finance exposure and some senior CFO experience is preferred.
- Strong and demonstrated execution skills with a proven track record of operating in a large global business
- Strong intellectual grasp of the industry and with the ability to anticipate and lead the organizational response to future changes
- Gains the confidence and trust of others, internally and externally, through principled leadership and sound business ethics. Able to provide the business with an objective view
- Demonstrated ability to work across product lines and multiple geographies
- Work in partnership with the product lines and regional management, leading the Global Markets & Securities Services finance team to assess business performance, forecast financials, develop business strategy, analyze key financial drivers, track financial performance, manage costs and maintain a high standard of controls
- Be a key partner to the Global Markets Business Head providing insights on financial and strategic issues, as well as information relating to capital planning and balance sheet management, investment opportunities, restructuring, budgeting, reporting and controls
- Provide thought leadership and strategic insight for growing and optimizing a critical global business
- Drive investment prioritization and capital allocation
- Collaborate across the Finance function and the other Global functions
- Identify and advise on solutions to senior management regarding financial trends, risks, and opportunities
- Ensure uncompromised controllership
- Drive process improvement within Finance, lead and execute transformation efforts in full alignment with the Company’s and Finance’s objectives
- Lead and develop a high performing, motivated and committed global team
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Planning & Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs