ICM In-Business Quality Assurance VP – Financing and Securitization
ICM In-Business Quality Assurance VP – Financing and Securitization
Institutional Credit Management’s (“ICM”) objective is to provide an integrated “end-to-end” credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise. Institutional Client Group (ICG) In-Business Quality Assurance is an integral part of the ICM organization.
The ICG In-Business Quality Assurance function (QA) verifies that established standards and processes are followed and consistently applied. ICG Management uses the results of the quality assurance reviews to assess the quality of the group's policies, procedures, programs, and practices as relates to the management of wholesale credit risk. The results help management identify operational weaknesses, risks associated with the function, training needs, and process deficiencies.
The ICM Head of In-Business Quality Assurance reports results of Quality Assurance Reviews (QARs) providing feedback, insight, and observations on any deficiency and areas of improvement, engaging with the management of the respective ICG business area, Independent Risk, and critical partner stakeholders and regulators.
This role reports directly to the ICM In-Business Quality Assurance – Financing and Securitization QA Manager.
· Support the Head of Financing and Securitization In-Business Quality Assurance on the discussions to define the Quality Assurance function and Reviews across ICG coverage universe
· Provide effective credible challenge during QARs to Business Region Heads and Portfolio Managers, as regards to memo and process quality to ensure that weaknesses in such processes are identified and escalated as appropriate
· Support in the establishment of processes that enable wholesale credit risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework
· Under the supervision of the ICM In-Business Quality Assurance – Financing and Securitization QA Manager, support on the executing of the following:
o Consistent and objective assessments during QARs
o Subsequent follow-up on corrective actions that were raised during QARs
o Sustainability testing of corrective actions resulting from issues raised by Internal Audit or Regulators
o Synthesize and prepare quarterly Quality Assurance Scorecard Reports to ICG business management that communicate and measure results and identify negative trends and potential solutions
· Support WCR IBQA function in the establishment of WCR IBQA policies, procedures, risk assessment and controls to drive effective QA coverage and standards
· Support In-Business QA Head of Financing and Securitization to stay abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
· Support the Global Head of WCR IBQA on internal projects and initiatives
· Support ICM Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
· Travel (less than 10%)
· Demonstrable quality control / quality assurance experience, including 5-7 years in banking, credit risk management, internal audit, loan review or quality assurance review function at an investment or large commercial bank
· Solid understanding of risk management and control frameworks related to Counterparty Credit Risk management or another Financial Risk discipline
· Capability to understand complex counterparty credit product structures, and ideally versed in securitization and credit financing products as well as underwriting, infrastructure financing and funding solutions related to acquisition finance
· Strong background on core credit analysis for large corporate and finance industries to properly evaluate process and quality breaks within the quality assurance function
· Ideally, credit officer or analyst or operational credit risk background, with experience on day-to-day credit functions associated with analysts and risk approval.
· Good grasp of counterparty credit risk covered process, to evaluate findings within the Quality Assurance process, determine materiality, and partnering with in-line makers and checkers for ongoing improvement, problem detection, and sustainable remediation
· High awareness and adherence to the control environment including Quality Assurance and Quality Control
· Strategic orientation to ensure the ICM organization continues to be positioned as a thoughtful and proactive partner on driving best practices to support safety and soundness within ICM and Citi
· Assists colleagues in identifying stretch opportunities to elevate individual and team performance and recognizes individuals based on performance
· Coach, mentor and lead team members to develop team strengths and build bench strength
· Proven culture carrier
· Strong organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively with little supervision
· Developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority
· Sound written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
· Significant experience in preparing presentations for seniors
· Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
· BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs