Finance Risk & Control Initiative Lead – C15
Reportingto the Finance Chief Operating Officer, the Finance Risk & Control Initiative Lead will work collaboratively across Finance, Businesses and other Global Functions to develop, implement and execute the ongoing management and coordination of Finance responses to, and adoption of, initiatives being led by the Risk & Control Program Group. This role represents Finance with senior Initiative Leads and implements high quality repeatable risk management, control, reporting and relationship routines. The position ensures that Finance dependencies and enablers are included in the various Risk & Control project plans and co-ordinates with Functions and Businesses to ensure they are aware of Finance Initiatives and their potential impact.
The role will combine specialist expertise in risk and control, knowledge of in scope disciplines along with project delivery and implementation skills to deliver sustainable outcomes across disciplines and regions. The role will engage with line of business and functions, across all lines of defense to define the required end to end controls framework for Finance, identify remediation leading to a plan for control enhancement requirements and then track implementation in line with the change program objectives. The role will also work closely with Citi’s CAO office to track and report on the status of work in relation to specific regulatory deliverables.
- Work with enterprise-wide Risk & Control Program Group and Finance Leaders to design required outcomes to implement the risk and control end states that meet all committed requirements and commercial needs
- Implement the project and program delivery governance to support the Finance-specific and enterprise-wide implementations for Finance, in line with Citi change methodology
- Work with Finance Leaders, Business/Function partners, other Finance Transformation Initiative Leads to define suitable approaches, detailed execution plans and associated reporting on the status of work efforts relative to defined committed deadlines
- Work with Finance and other stakeholders to ensure credible challenge throughout the remediation process and validation of results in line with Citi’s Internal requirements
- Present on status of the program to various stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ensure consistent and timely execution of Risk and Control Transformation initiatives for Finance, including identifying and managing interdependencies between programs and providing transparency to senior stakeholders as well as overseeing and accelerating execution, ensuring closure and change management, and managing appropriate governance processes and forums
- Participate in the design and execution of each Risk and Control program’s defined scope, target state, and success criteria to ensure it fully addresses Finance’s expectations/requirements and underlying issues and root causes, and aligns to local regulatory requirements where appropriate
- Look across Risk and Control transformation programs and initiatives to identify related and interdependent elements and provide recommendations, where needed, for combining or connecting programs and initiatives to achieve greater effectiveness and efficiency
Qualifications & skills:
- Extensive experience in managing change programs for controls and risk organizations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; must be articulate and provide direction with judgement and authority to enable effective validation with senior stakeholders
- Capable of prioritizing and leading multi-program portfolio in a largescale, distributed organization
- Ability to analyze a process and recommend ways to improve quality, controls, and efficiency
- Previous experience of interacting and working with Executive Leaders. The role requires leadership presence, subject matter expertise, and the finesse to work with industry leaders and senior executives
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to identify conflicts, discrepancies and other issues and resolve them in an effective and timely manner
- Exceptional matrix management and influencing skills requiring strong collaboration with a collegial style that gains the respect of key business partners to ensure overall business success in managing activities
- Demonstrated success in overseeing highly complex initiatives with agility, a sense of urgency and clear solution mitigation
- Hands-on management style: capable of diving into details where required, while retaining the capacity to look at the larger picture and focus on the long-term impact of decisions and strategy
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing and evolving business and control environment
- Deep analytical skills and experience in managing highly technical and sophisticated risk management strategies
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years or relevant experience in financial services industry
- Significant experience in Finance, ICRM, ORM and/or IA
- Proven track record project managing Regulatory and Internal Audit issues to remediation
- Exceptional interpersonal and people management skills with prior experience interfacing with Regulators and senior management, including at the Director and Managing Director level
- Familiarity with US Bank Regulations
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs