VP - Syndicated Loan Operations Servicing/New Castle, DE
VP, Syndicated Loan Operations Servicing Manager/Deal Closing accomplishes results through the management of the DCT Agency Team. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within the Deal Closing Team.
The Syndicated Loan Operations Servicing Manager/Deal Closing accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- This role is involved in providing day-to-day Collateral management which may include booking cash transactions and making payments, inputting general ledger entries and (complex) calculations
- In addition, the role will occasionally require interaction with other counterparties around positions and outstanding balances/claims
- Subject matter expert who develops and implements business initiatives, client solutions, and/or projects
- Stays abreast of developments within the loan agency function and considers his/her implications for own job and the business
- Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of complex deliverables often related, but not limited to loan agency processes.
- Accountable for integrity of process, operations and associated results; may have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise
- Responsible for detailed analysis of loan related issues where the best course of action is not evident from the information available, but actions must be recommended/ taken
- Contributes to standards around which others will operate
- Supports a wide range of internal clients (product, sales, client delivery, and technology) and external corporate clients
- Develops and exercises business plans, policies and procedures, and demonstrates an ability to lead projects, offer innovative solutions and cost saving opportunities
- Requires good analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple projects
- Oversees the daily performance of the loan agency processes to satisfactory completion of the daily operational cycle
- Defines, develops, implements and tracks appropriate margin related KPIs and SLAs for the group
- Committed to process improvement, client service, control, and cost reduction and identifies any opportunity to implement process improvements, service enhancements, or technology enhancements
- Liaises with internal (cash management / treasury etc.) teams and external clients to assess service quality and identify areas for improvement
- Conducts discovery and due diligence activities with clients to meet their needs
- Solves complex client queries and consults with clients as required
- Applies a solid knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis to define problems and develop solutions, mostly but not limited to, loan agency
- Influences strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services that have direct impact on the business
- Acts as an advisor or coach to new or junior staff
- Builds and maintains strong and effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders; facilitates and enables change
- Acts as an advisor or coach to new or junior staff
- Full management responsibility of one or more teams – directs team members in accomplishing their tasks to meet daily/weekly/monthly targets
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, internal mobility and employee professional development
- Evaluates team(s) performance and may be involved in determining pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Manages all training and developmental needs, and is actively involved in the recruitment of new hires and hiring decisions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Persuades and influences colleagues, management, clients and stakeholders through excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Roles at this level require significant industry experience
- Individuals are expected to be subject matter experts in multiple or specific skill sets, business areas or products
- People Managers are expected to demonstrate effective management of a team
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Loan Agency
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs