Loan Operations Accounting Control Analyst
The Global Loan Operations Accounting Control Team is part of the Institutional Clients Group. The team is responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of Loan Operations owned account balances and data which feed the firm's financial statements. The role holder’s responsibilities will cover several operational processes and controls, as well as providing transparency to key internal stakeholders across functions and locations to support the proactive identification of trends and emerging themes. Additional responsibilities include initiatives on data analytics, reporting of metrics, proactive identification of emerging trends by utilizing data, and supporting the operation in identifying solutions that can improve data quality. Individual must be accountable, ethical, results oriented, trustworthy, and credible.
- Performs account reconciliation to monitor and resolves unclassified ledger debits and credits in the general ledger and sub-ledger.
- Participates in and supports daily and monthly accounting entries into the general ledger and sub-ledger.
- Performs daily monitoring of various operational exceptions including Overdrafts, Treasury funding availability, Interest/Fees, or Reclassifications.
- Applies judgment when interpreting data, preparing reports, and presents findings to management.
- Captures and links pertinent customer information, such as wiring instructions and other administrative details, to ensure loan product details are correct.
- Makes changes to existing loan products in the system of record per Finance or the Product Controller's request.
- Makes resolution recommendations based on identified trends and facts.
- Designs and analyzes complex reports often related, but not limited to loan documentation processes to satisfy management requirements and support/control activities.
- Participates in and supports the implementation of projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Interprets data and makes recommendations for the launch of new products/services and upgraded platforms that loan documentation/processing functions.
- Minimizes risk to the bank through a solid understanding of procedural requirements - provides solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies. Serves as a checker for systematic transactions as a last line of defense.
- Applies a solid understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub-unit.
- Provides informal guidance and/or on-the-job-training to new team members.
- Works closely with own team and internal stakeholders to meet client needs.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Skills: Must have
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience (preferred a subject matter expert in Loan Operations, Risk and Control, or Compliance).
- Experience in creating reports, decks, data dashboards, graphs and visualizations and delivering senior executive-level presentations. Extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Office (MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to track delivery of multiple priorities across multiple owners.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information, translate into business goals, and drive results with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and written/verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and multi-task with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement.
Skills: Prefer to Have
- Comprehensive Knowledge of risk types, policies and control measures and processes
- Knowledge of compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to Policies
- Previous expertise of use of evaluative and ethical judgment to make decisions
- Understanding of Identifying, mitigating, resolving, managing and escalating risks and issues
- Ability to view multiple perspectives, prioritize, adapt and multi-task
- Fundamental ability to think strategically, considering the end-to-end, adjacent impacts to the broader system; to formulate strategies and innovate
- Reasonable ability to analyze and think critically and conceptually and interpretively to solve problems. Includes ability to identify opportunities, assess needs, conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses, synthesize insights and provide recommendations.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) and present with diplomacy;
- Ability to build and manage relationships through advising, collaborating, influencing, negotiative and persuading.
Skills: Nice to have
- Moderate knowledge of accounting principles and accounting practices (e.g. US GAAP)
- Basic awareness of the industry, competitors and trends
- Moderate knowledge of Financial Products, such as Cash Management, Treasury, the Trade Lifecycle
- Ability to plan (long-term, medium-term and short-term), create and manage budgets and reduce expenses / save costs
- Ability to manage, improve, and design processes and standard operating procedures, including managing KPIs and SLAs to monitor and enhance service quality and process integrity.
- Previous experience for Implementing projects for system Implementation, technology enhancements through project management and coordination skills
- Previous experience of Leading, managing accountability and managing complexity;
- Ability to coach, facilitate and guide to achieve results
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Can work well under pressure and multi-task with a sense of urgency
- Proactive to escalate issues and drive change on process
- Deliver results and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with team members within and outside of own team
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Loan Documentation and Processing
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs