GFCII Investigation Senior Analyst - Assistant Vice President
Citi’s Financial Crimes organization aims to protect our clients, our franchise and the financial system from being used to facilitate money laundering and terrorist financing through a robust, globally-consistent program focused on the prevention, detection and reporting of financial crimes which complies with applicable AML laws and regulations.
Global Financial Crimes Investigations and Intelligence ("GFCII") has its mission to create an integrated approach to the prevention and detection of financial crimes by identifying vulnerabilities and mitigating risks to the bank. The GFCII has expanded its mission from Anti-Money Laundering to integrate areas including, but not limited to, Cyber-Enabled Financial Crimes, Data Intelligence, Vulnerable Person Program, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, Sanctions, Fraud, and Cryptocurrency. GFCII’s responsibilities include identifying trends and patterns within Citi’s data which will be distributed to relevant stakeholders for appropriate action or informational purposes with an objective to pro-actively identify ongoing unusual activity and emerging trends. This expansion requires a synchronized operational approach across the Financial Crimes umbrella. GFCII is a global unit with regional teams located in EMEA, APAC, LATAM/MX and NAM covering multiple countries in each region.
GFCII Investigation Senior Analyst - Assistant Vice President
The GFCII conducts investigations that involve clients with accounts in more than one jurisdiction, a substantial multi-jurisdictional nexus, or involve complex transactional and client account patterns. These proactive investigations are generated from sources such as reviews of the highest risk clients, ad-hoc searches, business compliance or business referrals, AML Legal referrals, product-specific developments, industry trends, and referrals from external sources (e.g., law enforcement, regulators, etc.). The GFCII Senior Analyst is responsible for reviewing high-risk customer cases, reviewing the account relationships and related parties holistically to capture global and cross sector presence, conducting research, documenting the investigations, and providing initial recommendations and dispositions of a global enterprise-wide customer relationship. In this capacity, they will be responsible for investigative analysis through an association of banks formed under the provisions of USA PATRIOT Act 314(b), which are highly sensitive matters requiring critical engagements with senior leadership and law enforcement. Excellent communication skills required as this role requires consistent engagement with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Independently conduct complex research and investigations utilizing internal and external data; analyze research results and conduct complex data analysis applying background knowledge and experience. Analyze and proactively identify risks and new AML & financial crimes concerns. Review recent news, court documents, and public/private sector white papers
- Determine investigative and data analytics approach, use sound decision-making and discretion in making independent decisions that mitigate corporate risk at each decision point throughout the investigation.
- Execute due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures to meet internal and external regulatory requirements. Compile supporting documentation and data including media and transaction including documenting review findings for Compliance and Business management review. Follow up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Prepare written investigative reports and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where appropriate. Make recommendations to senior management on next course of action – either relationship retention or termination.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Participate in public-private partnerships and other industry engagement; ability to engage with financial institutions and law enforcement on emerging risks and money laundering typologies.
- Responsible to lead and/or respond to high priority matters involving significant events/negative news initiated by Legal, Law Enforcement and Senior Management and above
- AML Certification
- 5-8 years prior work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA Patriot Act (including 314(b)), OFAC, FinCEN requirements, and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) requirements.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Strong writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- Able to multitask and complete projects on time.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:AML Intelligence
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs