Vice President- Risk ,Control & Compliance
- Process Reviews: Conducts reviews to understand the end-to-end process, evaluate and highlight exposures of key control deficiencies, analyze root cause, and ensure management has effective and timely remediation plans.
- Audit Support: Manage and support internal & external audits. Ensure all the audit requests are met on timely and completely. Manage Audits meetings (audits & business monitoring) with respective audit and process teams. Advise and provide guidance to the process teams with respect to the Risk & Control Matrices, Audit Issues & remedial actions. Support audit teams in conducting the audits including articulation of the audit queries, process descriptions & flows, risks & controls established in the process and Entity Level controls.
- Control Environment: Provides sound guidance to FRSS supported businesses to ensure that the FRSS risk and control framework drives appropriate policies and practices to enable employees in supported business units to identify risks and evaluate exposures of key control deficiencies, analyze root cause, and ensure management has effective and timely remediation plans.
- Issue Management: Review Corrective Action Plans to ensure they address the underlying risk and ensure all target dates are feasible. Verify the adequacy of CAP closure by reviewing evidence provided by owner that the CAP has been fully resolved. Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of control failures and corrective actions required.
- Support other control programs: Contributes to other risk and control initiatives including managing internal and external audit related engagements, Manager Control Assessment (MCA) and implementation of Governance Risk Compliance (GRC), quarterly Business Monitoring, coordination of SOX deliverable, reporting of Risk metrics and best practices. Co-ordinate periodic reporting; analyze business unit control self-assessment and audit results; and assist in formulating effective remedial solutions
- Communicate to staff & management on initiatives, timelines, and status including heat maps, dashboards, Senior Management packages, etc.
- Provide support to Risk and Control Management in the implementation of Citi wide initiatives and projects including key corporate policies and procedures
- Uses communication and diplomacy to guide and influence others, in particular colleagues in other areas
- Qualified Accountant with 10+ years of experience in risk advisory, operational risk, compliance, internal control, and/or project management related functions within financial services or shared services industry
- The ideal candidate will have highly analytical, management and communication skills.
- Experience with applying principles, methods and techniques in the design and operation of process controls and their system components
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance policies and processes and proficiency in risk and control related practices
- Capable of providing leadership in optimization and efficiencies in control practices for the business as well as the resolution of cross business issues
- Well versed in developing new ideas and improving current processes and proactively engages business and functional managers to mitigate risks
- Exposure to regulatory and control models
- Requires a collegial and service oriented demeanor and an ability to challenge existing conventions and make recommendation for improvements
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills - comfortable with public speaking across various forums and be able to effectively and logically communicate
- Able to identify trends and themes from high volume information sources and synthesize reports for easy consumption of senior business managers
- Skilled at building partnerships across functions and regions; collaborates well with others with experience working in cross-cultural global teams
- Project management experience a+
- Risk certification a+
- Audit certification a+
- Ability to lead through influence and adapt in a changing environment
- Thinks strategically and articulates concepts clearly. Sound critical thinking and analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to achieve results and ability to act with sense of urgency
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and be able to present information to various levels of management
- Ability to identify and articulate root cause
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Solid time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deliver on multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Reporting
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs