USPB Risk and Modeling India Head
USPB Risk Unit in India has 500+ highly qualified staffs working in areas of Risk Modeling, Credit Strategy Development, Monitoring & execution across all USPB portfolios distributed in two broad group – Global Risk Modeling Utility and USPB Risk Management.
USPB Risk Management India Unit head role is a leadership role within USPB Risk that will have the responsibility to lead 500+ highly skilled Risk Management staffs based out of four locations in India. India team is an integral part of USPB Risk and critical to overall Risk organization’s success.
USPB Risk Management India Unit head will be accountable in partnership with CSIPL, for smooth operations, delivery, governance, and oversight of the Risk unit. The role will devise and execute all the hiring, retention, talent development, performance management, project delivery practices in coordination with senior Risk Leadership. Critically, this role will be the primary interface between CSIPL, and Risk & Business stakeholders.
The role of the Business unit head is to manage four separate aspects:
Growth – Both, in business value including quality deliverable and employee growth as per their aspirations
Focus on Digitization – Drive the culture of automation and digitization to create efficiency and higher effectiveness for the business, including expense efficiency
Drive higher employee retention – Drive the culture to promote meritocracy and higher employee engagement leading to highly motivated and engaged employees
Governance & Compliance – Ensure the unit operates within the laid guidelines of local governance and at the same follows the Risk and Control culture across the Risk teams.
Incumbent will report directly to the US Branded cards & Lending Chief Risk Officer and matrix locally to CSC head.
This role requires in-depth functional & technical understanding of credit risk strategies, consumer banking products, regulatory requirements as well excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skill to manage multiple senior stakeholders in a complex highly matrixed environment.
Role also requires having ability to positively engage/negotiate with internal/external review, Audit, and regulatory functions. Being in unique position to have a complete overview of work in different functions of PBWM Risk, the incumbent is expected to drive efficiency gain through innovation and automation in partnership with Risk Leadership.
- Delivery and management of overall USPB risk analytics unit in India
- Innovate, develop, and ensure timely delivery of all strategic and regulatory priorities.
- Develop/Maintain a leadership team and optimal reporting structure in alignment with USPB’S s global team structure and delivery model.
- Hiring, coaching, and retaining the top talent and develop best in class analytical team
- Responsible for smooth operations, delivery, governance, and oversight India team
- Partner with Global leadership team for establishment and seamless management of the talent and work delivery. Oversee infrastructure set up, hiring, and ensuring smooth transitions.
- Maintain the expense monitoring, invoice validation and payment process discipline for India centers and establish a robust Financial Planning and Analysis of expenses to identify areas of efficiency.
- Proactive representation of the Business Unit in various management forums, BRCC and manage the compliance and regulatory obligations as per CSIPL policies within India. Act as the key interface with the business stakeholders for all matters pertaining to the CSIL. Working with local Legal, Compliance and Finance teams to define / modify the processes as required for seamless operations and delivery.
- Establish robust & consistent governance framework & process with all key stakeholders covering topics such as MCA, COB, Information Security, Data Privacy, adherence to all internal and external controls frameworks.
- Partner with HR and business partners to drive talent as a critical enabler. Ensure key talent priorities for Business Unit are aligned with the business strategy and priorities.
- Create and provide opportunities across teams / geographies / functions to enable development of well-rounded next line of leadership.
- Strong focus on creating a high performing team in a highly matrixed structure
- Will be able to proactively provide leadership, coaching and guidance to employees in functional matters, imperative to have strong in-depth Risk functional / business understanding and leadership skills
- Should be able to positively influence and effectively negotiate with senior stakeholders and internal and external review/regulatory functions
- Ability to maintain a highly productive and action oriented collaborative culture for highly driven workforce.
- 16+Years quantitative analytics experience in Risk Management
- In-depth functional & technical understanding of credit risk strategies, consumer banking products, regulatory requirements. Should be abreast of latest risk analytics developments s and innovations.
- In depth understanding of capital/reserve planning process.
- Experience in managing large team in highly matrix organization
- Strong experience of managing senior stakeholders in global environment
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Masters degree preferred in any of the quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Business Finance, Mathematics, Statistics
- In-depth functional & technical understanding of credit risk modeling & strategies, consumer banking products, regulatory requirements.
- Proven risk analytics background in areas of credit strategy, portfolio management & modeling/forecasting.
- Prior experience & understanding of SQL, SAS, in a UNIX and mainframe environment. Experience in analytics in cloud environment is plus.
- Ability to manage effectively in a high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent ability to develop partnerships across multiple business and functional areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence across teams.
- Highly organized to be able to manage competitive priorities
- Champion a collaborative culture and provide inspirational leadership to create a healthy work environment
- Effectiveness in working within a matrix organization is essential
- Strong influencing skills that help drive organizational change are a must
- Strong relationship management skills
- Should be an articulate and effective communicator, with an energetic and approachable style
- Candidates must have effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues, strength in sustaining independent views, and the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization
- Contributes to a positive work environment. Shares knowledge and supports diversity
- Strong written/verbal communications skills.
- Possess outstanding people leadership skills
- Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
- Ability to create support and buy-in across a wide range of stakeholders; create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, external constituencies, and decision makers.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent judgment and maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs