Senior Vice President- Tax Group Manager - C14
The Tax Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Responsible for the overall management of the tax liabilities, of Citi, both directly and in connection with transactions with clients, including the related compliance, financial reporting, planning and controversy processes.
- Contributes to the planning, accounting, filing and the reporting of tax liability of the company.
- Assists in determining and compiling information required to satisfy income tax filing and related requirements at all levels of jurisdiction.
- May participate in managing payments to tax authorities in compliance with specific tax regulations.
- Directs and controls strategy and execution of the firm's activities within a major Infrastructure area.
- Recommends goals, policies, and plans for these areas with the most senior executives of the firm.
- Partners with the revenue areas to improve efficiency, effectiveness, productivity and / or control.
- Typically a key member of the firm's management team who represents the firm in dealings with clients and external bodies.
- Through management team, oversees all staff within the relevant Infrastructure area
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
Lead and manage the centralized Tax Information Reporting team in FRSS and drive the strategic agenda for Tax Information Reporting. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing various tax information reporting functions including tax form validation, withholding, and information reporting under the IRS, FATCA, CRS, and certain local regimes. This position includes accountability for migration of information reporting work from different businesses globally into FRSS; roll-out of new systems for Tax Information Reporting; providing guidance to business partners through service delivery conversations. This position will be responsible for directly managing a team of ~50 tax specialists.
The key objectives are as follows:
•Lead a team of 50+ tax information reporting specialists in the Mumbai Citi Service Center (CSC)
•Oversee the tax information reporting processes applicable to products for assigned Citi businesses
•Act as an internally and externally recognized subject matter expert, influence the way processes are completed, not only internally within FRSS, but beyond it with the Business & Corporate Tax
•Migration of work into our centralized hub (new work & right placements) for assigned Citi businesses
•Contribute to develop and implement policies/procedures/controls to ensure consistent compliance with Information Reporting & FATCA/CRS requirements including timely incorporation of regulatory changes in operational processes and technology
•Provide timely feedback and reporting to key stakeholders and coordinate data and information flow with the Tax group and assigned businesses
•Drive Process Reviews and Re-engineering to ensure processes are lean and efficient with a solid controls framework
• Coordinate audits with IRS and Internal Audit (IA) and support any other special audits including Qualified Intermediary (QI) attestations
•Support Technology projects from a tax technical perspective
•Continuity of business planning, testing, and readiness
•Manage or coordinate self-assessment testing and MCA control implementation/effectiveness
•Leading and driving employee engagement and talent management initiatives
•Adhere to FRSS budget and headcount requirements and maintain re-engineering plan and goals
1. Strong understanding of U.S. tax information reporting requirements applicable to products issued by Consumer, Custody, Markets, Private Bank, and/or other Citi businesses
2. Strong understanding of U.S. tax information reporting rules applicable to U.S. Persons and non-U.S. Persons
3. Strong understanding and working knowledge of IRS Forms W-9 and W-8 and their associated requirements; Forms 1098, 1099 series, and 1042-S; Forms 945 and 1042
4. Knowledge of Income Sourcing rules
5. Knowledge of Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) regulations, inter-governmental agreements (IGAs), and associated reporting requirements
6. Excellent relationship management and communication skills to drive engagement and close interactions with key stakeholders including Corporate Tax, Business Heads, and O&T managers
7. Ability to design processes and procedures including proven track record at Process Re-engineering, Re-design, Process Automation
8. Proven ability to act as a change agent for organizational and product transformational initiatives
9. Project Management experience and ability to lead & drive organizational migrations/ transitions
10. Experience in systems selection / technology solution implementations
11. Experience in interacting, managing senior interactions related to audits (internal, external, regulatory)
12. Liaison with Corporate Tax for complex tax advisory inquiries and policy requirements
13. Proven ability to build teams, lead staff, and drive employee engagement, talent development, & mentoring.
Job Family Group:Finance
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs