Remedial Mgmt Senior Officer - Risk
The Remedial Mgmt Senior Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Manages classified portfolios, including stressed/distressed loans, trading positions and equity holdings.
- Provides an goals and autonomously assessment of classified assets with a focus on cash flow, capital structure and valuation analysis.
- Develops and implements workout strategies customers with exposures
- Performs initial evaluation of assigned accounts, including business issues, likely loss or recovery, and documentation deficiencies, if any.
- Coordinates the retention of legal counsel and manages the relationship on an ongoing basis, including directing the parties' involvement in the workout and managing fee expenses.
- Manages account on an ongoing basis until workout is complete and account is resolved via payment (in full or as a compromised settlement), bankruptcy plan is approved, returned to the originating business unit, liquidated, or abandoned.
- Interacts with the obligor, reviews financial statements and appropriate financial analysis, negotiates any changes in documentation or terms and conditions of loan.
- Advises originating business and risk management of progress of the workout.
- Participates in periodic reviews held by Remedial Management, Risk Management, and the various businesses.
- Manage a portfolio of relationships that are subject to classifiable, judgmental management standards and credit policies.
- Accounts consist of more complex, large-exposure credit facilities and other ancillary products, including, but not limited to cash management and derivatives.
- Responsible for exposures subject to FAS 114 reporting.
- Conducts Special Mention Assessments.
- Manages assigned accounts within acceptable risk parameters on an ongoing basis until workout is complete.
- Identifies, modifies and implements designed and approved workout strategies.
- Works and interacts with customers, attorneys, and other third party professionals to acquire all necessary documentation, due diligence and market intelligence.
- Evaluates and processes data, historical information to assess appropriate strategy.
- Develops and presents action plans for assigned portfolio to Senior Management or 3rd parties.
- Negotiates with customers and internal Citi product/customer partners.
- Reviews accounts on a routine basis to gauge the level of progress achieved versus stated action plan, payment status (delinquency), documentation exceptions, annual review anniversaries, financial covenants, data integrity, and any other customer service (internal or external) follow-ups that arise during the course of time.
- Advises Business and Risk Management partners of progress of the workout plan as well as potential risks that may develop throughout the course of the remedial effort.
- Prepares reporting criteria for loan performance including internal and external requirements such as FAS 114 analyses and TDRs.
- Deals with internal and external counsel strategically and on a cost effective basis.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Extensive credit analysis skills, including large corporates
- Ability to run deal teams and manage large bank syndicates
- Paramount communication skills with ability to synthesize the argument in a logical and rational manner.
- 10+ years experience in analyzing loan agreements and bond indentures
- Experience in specialty industry lending structures, including Oil & Gas and ABL, is preferred but not essential.
- Sound understanding of credit issues and is able to establish and process risk mitigation plans from inception to implementation to resolution.
- Excellent negotiating skills with customers and internal partners.
- Capable of collecting information from various parties with potential opposing views/agendas in an efficient and detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to communicate and influence in a cross functional environment in settings that could involve conflicting priorities and timetables.
- Represents Citi in discussions with auditors and reviewers on issues relevant to their daily role
- Knowledge of typical commercial risk policies and procedures.
- Experienced in commercial credit analysis and remedial management.
- Proficient in collateral analysis and valuation, including real estate appraisals, field exams and asset searches.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
In addition, the officer is also required to manage accounts outside of India and accounts under ICG Special Assets if the need should arise.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Remedial Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs