FTO Planning Data - C11
Mumbai Planning Data Transformation and Management role (C11)
Overview of Planning Transformation organization
Planning Transformation organization is a critical part of Citi’s overall Transformation project and provides support for Financial planning and analytics (FP&A) processes across the firm. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates early in their career to join the Planning Transformation team based in Mumbai and get exposure to working on global programs. The Planning Transformation programs consists of various teams that work on transformation of Stress testing processes, Business planning processes, forecasting model transformation, Data management and governance, short term performance management processes, Future state Forecasting Infrastructure build / roll-out. The team works closely with Citi CFO, Global FP&A head, Business CFOs and Finance Function heads and other senior FP&A leads to structure and drive these programs
Planning Data Transformation and Management
Planning Data Transformation and Management team focusses on analyzing the Forecasting and Stress testing models to identify the Critical Data element used. Further team also needs to implement the Enterprise level Data management and Governance standards, by creating an inventory of these Critical Data elements, establish Data quality rules/thresholds, Data traceability and Data issue remediation. As part of this team you will be responsible to implement the Data management and governance framework as per Citi Data management policies for existing as well as new FP&A processes. Also you will participate in various projects at FP&A, Finance and Citi level ensuring that the Data framework is adhered to uniformly.
- Execute tasks to drive implementation of Citigroup’s Data management and governance policies for assigned Work Steam / Domain primarily Market Risk
- Coordinate with stakeholders to get the required information
- Ensure compliance with Citi Data Management Policy. Drive acceptance of data standards and policies in each assigned Work Stream / Domain.
- Provide inputs to define procedures and processes for cleaning, mastering, governing, and documenting data for the assigned Work Stream / Domain.
- Review models to identify Critical Data Elements (CDEs) and socialize these with the wider organization. Implement controls, identify Trusted Sources, provide monitoring & build/review scorecards. Monitor key data management & governance metrics to ensure the accuracy & completeness of the critical data within their domain(s).
- Document data/system lineage and data tracing through all “hops” for each business process and coordinate with Technology to create corresponding Lineage toolset. Manage technical metadata requirements and inputs related to Business CDEs and coordinate Lineage tasks and test activities between Business, Operations and Technology. Manage all Business Glossaries and Meta data.
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders to profile the data and define appropriate data quality rules especially for critical attributes to ensure reliable data.
- Quickly learn details of multiple business processes especially concerning data usage and movement. This also includes the ability to think laterally and flexibly to understand business needs and opportunities as compared to current state and discuss/brainstorm these situations with business and technology partners. Must be able to break down complex problems, question assumptions and be comfortable making high impact decisions with limited information and some degree of uncertainty.
- Provide recommendations & supporting documentation for new or proposed data standards, business rules & policy.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure consistent and effective execution of data governance and management principles across FP&A analytical systems and data domains.
- 6-8 years of work experience with significant part of that focused on Finance modelling, Data management, transformation and Governance initiatives preferably in Financial Services / Banks, with global exposure.
- Relevant experience in Market Risk domain, with some basic understanding of Risk forecasting models will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate issues and solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail. Willingness to ask questions and ability to quickly grasp and master new concepts and requirements, related to product and process knowledge.
- Ability to research and deliver various parts of a project/initiative and following through until resolution.
- Experience in FP&A or related to business and operational planning and budgeting will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Databases and BI tools to handle large amount of data.
- Knowledge of MS Office skills; Excel, Access, Project, Visio, Power Point, Word.
- Experience on Data governance tools like Collibra, Ab-initio etc. will be a plus.
- Qualified as an MBA in Finance from a top tier institution and a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Information Systems, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or a related quantitative discipline preferred.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Planning & Analysis
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs