Finance Rptg Intmd. Analyst
Citi Shared Services’ Finance Shared Services (FRSS) Mumbai unit provides services to several EMEA entities for Citibank. They drive end – to end processing, reporting and analysis of legal entity results
The Finance Acctg Sr. Analyst is an experienced professional role within FRSS – Assurance.. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Supports the management and control data flows to and within Finance applications to ensure integrity and completeness of data, including by preparing and recording financial transactions for legal vehicle and regulatory reporting purposes, updating the general ledger, recording financial transactions, and preparing of consolidated financial statements, in accordance with management reporting requirements, for legal vehicle & regulatory purposes. Also, includes specialized accounting, such as equity compensation, securitization, payroll and investment accounting.
- Manages one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and considered analytical or procedural "expert" representing a unit or team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- Supervises day-to-day work of junior level employees.
- Take responsibility for the accurate reporting of accounting reconciliations on Citi reporting tools.
- Review and examine key controls for accounting process within the process handled.
- Resolves complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines or processes.
- Partner with key stakeholders including legal entity managers, e.g. Country, Balance Sheet control group (BSCG), Global process lead & owners across multiple locations communicating progress on assigned process completion.
- Identify and appropriately highlight / escalate potential issues relating to account with stakeholders such as Regional Balance Sheet control group / Country controllers / Global process lead and owner and work with them for resolution.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of how assigned areas of process collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Directly impacts the leadership in assigned process through responsibility for delivery of end results leading to business solutions.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
- Provides assurance and partners with audit team to monitor controls and accuracy of accounting.
- Persuades and influences others through strong communication and diplomacy skills
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) / Master in business administration (MBA)/ Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent combination of education
- 5-8 years of experience in accounting management with commensurate stakeholder management experience
Good verbal and written skills, organisation, ideas orientated with the ability to think outside the box so that an existing process can be enhanced and built on to provide better service to our stakeholders.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Financial Reporting
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs