Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
External Communications MgrApply Now Locations: Mumbai, Maharashtra Job Function: Communications and External Relations Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19144604
The External Communications Mgr accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Develop and implement strategic communication programs for internal and external audiences
- Formulate strategies for respective businesses on different aspects including Media Relations, Customer & Staff events, Community Relations and internal staff communications
- Formulate positioning statements to manage business issues that may pose reputational risk to the franchise
- Draft, implement and evaluate proactive plans to support the businesses
- Assist in speech writing for senior management for different occasions
- Ensure all legal, regulatory and compliance issues are addressed in all communications undertaken on behalf of the businesses
- Compile and keep current business information and fact sheets
- Co-ordinate with external agencies to deliver campaigns
- Liaise with government and regulatory authorities, where necessary
- Monitor and manage budgets to specific briefs
- Operate as a key media contact for all issues relating to Citi’s businesses in country.
- Look for appropriate media opportunities/new pitching ideas to promote Citi brand and various businesses/products
- Advise senior management and approved spokespeople on media opportunities and issues as they develop
- Provide strategic advice and coaching to media manager on various projects and review all written materials
- Handle crisis scenarios – provide strategic advice to management and handle media enquiries
- Plan and coordinate media analysis and manage vendors
- Provide strategic input on selected projects
- Oversee creative designs, content and written materials for various projects
- Lead, plan and execute internal and external events
- Oversee all planning, creative designs, written materials, logistics and on-site management for each event.
- Prepare briefing documents for key events.
- Ensure team members to appropriately promote relevant projects/events to internal staff via local web channels and hard-copy version
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 12-18 years working experience
- Working knowledge of how media work and news values
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.