Credit Risk Team Lead (C13 – Vice President)
ICG Risk Analysis (IRAUs) is an integral part of the Institutional Credit Management (“ICM”) organization. The IRAU’s mandate is to deliver best-in-class credit risk analysis, monitoring and credit administration as a partner to ICG Risk and Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory’s (BCMA) shared commitment to ensuring the safety and soundness of wholesale lending across ICG.
ICG Risk Analysis Credit Risk Team Leads are responsible for leading and coordinating large group of analysts, ensuring quality assurance and timely delivery, while being the primary responsible for coaching and supervision of the team of Credit Risk Analysts, Credit Risk Senior Analysts and Credit Risk Associates.
A Credit Risk Team Lead is expected to have an advanced understanding of credit risk, of Citi´s internal policies and procedures, and of being knowledgeable about the industry fundamentals that portfolio belongs to. They should be able to independently lead thoughtful conversations with ICG Risk and BCMA partners.
This role has responsibility for the portfolio of Western Europe Funds relationships and the role reports directly to the Western Europe Financial Institutions Credit Risk Portfolio Manager.
- Accountability for ensuring best in class core credit risk analysis of applicable portfolio ensuring consistencies with industry leading practices and conforms to all internal credit procedures/policies, and all related regulatory expectations
- Supporting the Credit Risk Portfolio Manager on the continuous engagement with applicable BCMA and Independent Risk senior stakeholders in the region to so as to understand any concerns regarding execution of risk analysis and/or emerging risks which will need to be addressed by the team, and ensuring the tactical execution of these guidelines is reflected on all core deliverables of the team
- Ensure ongoing and timely feedback and coaching of Credit Risk Analysts, Credit Risk Senior Analysts, and Credit Risk Associates to sustain a strong credit culture and an unwavering commitment to excellence in analysis and execution
- Partnership with applicable regional and industry stakeholders in BCMA and Independent Risk in the implementation of credit assessment and monitoring standards for applicable portfolios
- Attract, develop and retain top quality staff including as regards active engagement with regional on-campus recruiting efforts to ensure a robust pipeline of talent
- Support Global Head of ICG Risk Analysis and Head of ICG Risk Analysis Transformation & Core Operations on internal projects and initiatives
- Support ICG Risk Analysis Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
- Travel (less than 10%)
- Risk & Credit Underwriting:
- Satisfactory completion of Credit Training or equivalent
- Ability to evaluate, negotiate, structure and/or monitor extensions of credit
- Knowledge of relevant Citi-level and business-level credit policies and the ability to apply this knowledge to specific situations
- Thorough understanding of the credit and/or portfolio management process
- Knowledge of the relevant customer, industry and product range
- Knowledge of documentation and reporting requirements directly affected by execution of their credit responsibilities
- Integrity, honesty, sound judgment, commonsense, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly, to think and act independently, and to know when to ask for guidance from more experienced officers or specialists in the credit process
- Assists colleagues in identifying stretch opportunities to elevate individual and team performance and recognizes individuals based on performance
- Coach, mentor and lead direct reports to develop team strengths and improve weaknesses
- Strong awareness and adherence to the control environment including Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Proven culture carrier
- Highly Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority with Senior Levels of Management
- Solid organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- Exceptional experience with the internal ICG Templates and with Financial Modeling
- BA/BSc in Finance or Accounting or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
- Financial Services experience including 5-7 years of credit experience in Banking or Credit Risk Management
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs