Credit Portfolio Manager
The Credit Portfolio Manager is an intermediate management-level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees to monitor the Citi portfolio and identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team.The overall objective of this role is to coordinate management of Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally.
- Contribute to the development of new techniques, improvement of processes and work-flows by applying in-depth disciplinary knowledge and integrating subject matter and industry expertise
- Develop recommendations to adjust credit policies by analyzing credit and financial performance and utilizing statistical scoring, segmentation, and regression and simulation techniques
- Utilize Statistical Analysis System (SAS) in a UNIX environment to perform risk, financial and data analyses including profiling, sampling, reconciliation, and quality testing
- Research customer and/or management queries using risk systems and data and support ad-hoc risk policy analyses and projects, as required
- Participate in developing, testing, and optimizing credit policies, ensuring consistency and regulatory compliance, and assist in the implementation of those policies, processes and other related initiatives
- Manage risk levels for the entire credit spectrum across multiple products and retail formats and prepare risk management presentations for senior management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business goals
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with urgency
- Proven organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAS or SQL programming and MS Office software
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Role Outline/Job Summary
- Perform written credit analysis and recommend credit ratings for approval.
- Carry-out business and financial review of Citi counterparties in GIRC/ FIRM portfolio.
- Conduct annual and quarterly analysis of the assigned portfolio at appropriate frequency.
- Monitor performance of counterparties and conduct quarterly and annual reviews as required.
- Monitor limits utilization and excesses for counterparties in the portfolio.
- Participating in ad-hoc projects, preparing credit updates for senior management and portfolio bankers.
- Sound presentation skills as the analyst will be frequently involved in portfolio review presentation to senior credit officers.
Business/ Department Objectives:
Assessment of individual client and industry risks and providing support to the US, India and Western Europe Global Industries & Regional Credit and Financial Institutions Risk Management teams, industry specialists and senior credit officers through best-in-class risk analysis; to ensure a well-coordinated, quality credit process in conjunction with counterparts across the world.
- Responsible for industry analysis and developing domain expertise for two or more focused sub-industry segments including the preparation of industry studies. Primary regional coverage would be developed markets (EMEA, US) and Asia
- Managing the assigned portfolio on an end to end basis i.e. working on annual reviews, complex transactions and quarterlies
- Establish and maintain consistent standards and processes in credit analysis through interaction with industry specialists and analysts globally
- Take responsibility for the analysis of individual credits with a mix of stressed and high activity accounts and having a comprehensive view of the Bank’s exposure at each relationship/ Industry/ country level
- Participate in Portfolio Reviews & Analytics and Stress Testing initiated by the Risk and Business
- Work on complex financial forecasting and modelling based on multiple scenarios proposed by Risk and Banking
- Monitor stressed credits/obligors on monthly/quarterly basis and keep the PB/PMs informed.
- Monitor trading limits & exposures of companies to ensure that credit risk levels are within the firm’s risk tolerance.
- Responsible for credit exposure management for risk analysis by resizing lines extended and also securing credit exposure for Citibank
- Responsible for participating in User Accepted Testing ( UATs) for various Risk systems
- Participating in conducting training sessions on Policy/ Analysis for the Analysts/ Junior Analysts in the team
- Skill development and mentoring of Senior Analysts and Analysts to facilitate growth within the organization.
- Coordination and communication with GIRC/FIRM industry units.
- Demonstrate sound judgement on appropriateness.
- Act as a backup for the Team Managers
- Preparing credit approval memos ( handling stressed accounts/ high activity accounts) and tracking the industry trends
- Responsible for assigning risk ratings based upon obligor’s financial strength, operating performance and market profile using qualitative and quantitative models and other non-conventional risk monitoring mechanisms.
- Ensure Citi policies and procedures are well understood & consistently followed
- Ensuring consistent dialogue is maintained with customer groups to make sure their requirements are met.
- Proactively escalate Key risks related to Industry/ individual credits to the Risk team globally and propose solutions to the complex issues
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs