C12-Country Risk Senior Analyst /AVP
The Country Risk Senior Analyst /AVP is a seasoned professional role. Partners with functional stakeholders across the bank for enabling new digital products. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Assists credit analysis, including annual credit reviews, portfolio reviews, classified credit reviews.
- Identifies and analyzes situations that create risk and legal liability for Citi, utilizing various resources such as credit reports, score cards, risk systems, and knowledge of the elements of Risk.
- Understands and applies the GCCFRP principles to all lending initiatives and for gapping analysis against global policy
- Assesses risks and analyses existing and new relationships - including periodic review of financial results and statements to monitor operating performance, liquidity position and financial condition.
- Maintains sound understanding about different markets, products, strategies, tools and associated risks.
- Creates documentation required for launching new products and collaborates with stakeholders in getting the requisite approvals for the same.
- Participates in creating new onboarding criteria for segments which may be traditionally viewed as high risk – through the use of data driven models.
- Collaborates as appropriate with product partners and relationship teams for new and/or refinancing credit transactions such as term loans or event-driven financing with specific responsibility for risk analysis, preparation of financial model and sensitivity analysis.
- Reviews of results/scripts/reports feedback to business to enhance and refine corrective action plan to ensure developments are in sync.
- Participates in regular portfolio stress testing.
- Participates in problem recognition and monitors troubled exposures
- Contributes to developing, testing and optimizing credit or risk policies for channels or products under their responsibility.
- Executes department strategy by developing approaches and/or processes to accomplish goals.
- Completes ad-hoc projects as required, such as reporting of portfolio data internal and external audit, regulators and senior management.
- Ensures adherence to all relevant Citi policies
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Knowledge of institutional and regulatory credit policies with good knowledge of accounting, product and finance principles
- Knowledge and understanding of Banking operations (International and domestic)
- Knowledge about risk systems infrastructure including key processes, coverage and data flows in order to identify risk effectively.
- Demonstrated Credit and Analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective team player and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Proficient skills in SAS, SQL, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in use of segmentation and CHAID tools like SAS Miner and/or Knowledge Seeker
- Ability to present / justify data and participate in leadership meetings and regulatory meetings
- Highly proficient in MS Office – (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Masters degree in Economics or Statistics or MBA from premier institute only
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs