AVP CCAR Unsecured Model Development
- This position within Global Consumer Banking will develop CCAR/CECL models for unsecured portfolios (e.g., credit cards, installment loans, ready credit etc.)
The responsibility includes but not limited to the following activities:
- Obtain and conduct QA/QC on all data required for CCAR/CECL model development
- Develop segment and/or account level CCAR/CECL stress loss models
- Perform all required tests (e.g. sensitivity and back-testing)
- Validate/recalibrate all models annually to incorporate latest data. Redevelop as needed
- Deliver comprehensive model documentation
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including country/region’s business stakeholders, model validation and governance teams, and model implementation team
- Prepare responses/presentations to regulatory agencies on all CCAR/CECL models built
- Advanced Degree (Masters required, PhD preferred) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, MBA (Finance), or other highly quantitative discipline
- 7+ years’ experience in performing quantitative analysis, statistical modeling, loss forecasting, loan loss reserve modeling, and particularly econometric modeling of consumer credit risk stress losses
- Experience with dynamics of unsecured products a strong plus
- Active role in performing some analytical components of an econometric modeling-driven stress loss process (data collection, data integrity QA/QC/reconcilements, pre-processing, segmentation, variable transformation, variable selection, econometric model estimation, sensitivity testing, back testing, out-of-time testing, model documentation, and model production implementation)
- Exposure to various stress loss modeling approaches at the segment or account level preferred
- Able to communicate technical information verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in SAS/SQL/Oracle/Unix/Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Mentor/manage 1 – 3 member team
- The Model/Anlys/Valid Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits
- Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including market, credit and operational. Also, may develop, validate and strategize uses of scoring models and scoring model related policies.
- Conducts statistical analysis for risk related projects and data modeling/validation.
- Applies quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods including SAS programming, Structured Query Language (SQL) to extract, transform and analyze data and Visual Basic programming language.
- Prepares statistical and non-statistical data exploration, validate data, identify data quality issues.
- Conducts data analysis, data mining, read and create formal statistical documentation, reports and work with Technology to address issues.
- Analyzes and interprets data reports, make recommendations addressing business needs.
- Uses Predictive modeling methods, Optimizing monitoring systems, document optimization solutions, and present results to non-technical audiences; write formal documentation using statistical vocabulary.
- Generates statistical models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data and identify relationships and trends in data and factors affecting research results.
- Validates assumptions; escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in methodology and process.
- Automates data extraction and data preprocessing tasks, perform ad hoc data analyses, design and maintain complex data manipulation processes, and provide documentation and presentations.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Risk Analytics, Modeling, and Validation
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs