NAM Canada – Corporate Banking, 2023 Summer Analyst –Montreal (Corporates)Req ID 80013710 Location Montreal, Canada Job Category BCMA Corporate Banking
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for a 2023 Summer Analyst to join the Canadian Corporates team located in Montreal.
Citi's Corporate Bank is a leading provider of financial services to top-tier multi-national clients. We serve the financial needs of the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions in more than 100 countries through our network of experienced corporate bankers. Our Corporate Bankers are relationship focused professionals responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients around the world, and driving the client dialogue on capital structure, funding and risk management strategies, best-in-class transactional banking solutions and all other aspects of international, cross-border financial solutions. In partnership with the Investment Banking Division, our Corporate Bankers deliver strategic financing associated with M&A advisory assignments, often in concert with Debt Capital Markets and Equity Capital Markets solutions.
Citi Canada is a proud recipient of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People Award four years in a row. Read our Citi Canada profile at the link below to learn more:  Canada's Top Employer.
Your time here will look something like this...
The successful candidate will help assist with originating revenues from our most valued clients across the globe. Summer Analysts will gain exposure to a full spectrum of corporate banking products and solutions, including cash management, trade, FX, derivatives, commodity hedging, high grade and high yield capital markets, loans and other direct credit products.
Additional responsibilities may include:
* Analyzing and developing an understanding of the bank’s customers/prospects including their financial condition, risk profile, industry and business activities.
* Researching specific companies and industries along with performing due diligence on financing and advisory transactions.
* Conducting accounting and financial statement analysis, cash flow modeling, and capital markets analysis.
* Liaising with product partners to prepare marketing material for presentations.
* Maintaining and developing specific comparable and precedent transaction databases.
* Developing and maintaining industry knowledge and staying up-to-date on industry developments.
* Coordinating with credit support staff to ensure that annual reviews are completed as required.
* Assisting in the presentation and development of new ideas to clients including written presentations and the development of information memoranda.
* Developing an understanding of interpreting legal documents.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Summer Analyst Program starts in early June and includes an introductory training program. While you’re in the Summer Analyst role, you will build relationships and have the opportunity to collaborate with seasoned finance professionals. Top-performing Summer Analysts may be eligible to return to Citi after graduation to work as Full-Time Analysts.
For those successful Summer Analysts, our Full-time Analyst program will give you the opportunity to become a relationship-focused finance professional responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients around the world. You could learn how to drive the client dialogue on capital structure, liability management, liquidity and funding strategies, risk management, and investment solutions. Unique to Citi, our Full-time Corporate Banking program teaches you how to decide where to invest the firm’s capital and executing on those investments. Corporate Bankers work in partnership with various Citi groups across the firm including Risk Management, Investment Banking, Markets, Capital Management and Capital Markets Origination.
We want to hear from you if...
* You are planning to obtain your undergraduate degree between December 2023 and June 2024
* You possess strong knowledge of accounting principles and understanding of financial statements along with a thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of financial, risk and structuring analysis.
* You have the ability to build excellent relationship management skills through superior verbal and written communication skills.
* You have the ability to simultaneously manage numerous tasks and deadlines.
* You possess well-developed financial modeling skills.
* You are a strong team player with the ability to contribute to a positive working environment.
* Proficiency in English and French
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the capital markets are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth, career development, and a strong desire to succeed in team environments.
* Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required.
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry.
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making.
* Interest in business.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs