Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Technology Analyst, Software Development - Mississauga, Canada
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Full-Time Software Development Analysts to join the Technology team in Mississauga, Ontario. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses— and by utilizing a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy. Technology Analysts participate in an intensive training program, where they receive in-depth education to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role, including the Capital Markets, multiple programming languages, as well as the nuances of Citi’s culture.
Our Citi Canada Technology team builds, owns and supports many front-end, middle-tier and back-end applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of dollars in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a "follow-the-sun" model and are required to have their applications running 24/7.
Your time here will look something like this...
As a Software Development Analyst, you will work in an agile software development environment, developing quality and scalable software solutions using leading-edge technologies. Based on your understanding of business requirements, you will develop code consistent with quality standards, and offer support during testing cycles and post-production deployment. To ensure defect-free programming, you will use the appropriate tools to test and debug code, and participate in the review of peer coding.
Throughout the 2 rotations, you will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of technologies, like the following:
* Working with UI/UX development teams to develop products for enhanced customer satisfaction and ease of use.
* Applying Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns to develop quality C# / NET / Core Java software solutions to meet business requirements.
* Applying basic understanding of SQL to manage a relational database.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 2-year Analyst Program starts in June and begins with 6 weeks of in-class training program. Here at Citi, rotational programs are intended to help you build a broad skillset and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to more than one team in Software Development. Our rotational program will help you discover the best fit for your skills and long-term career goals at Citi.
We want to hear from you if...
* You are planning to graduate between December 2018 to June 2019 with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or another technology-related degree
* You have a 3.0 GPA or above (preferred)
* You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature
* You have interest in how business is done around the globe
Citi Canada is the Proud Recipient of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People Award. Read our  Citi Canada profile to learn more!
To Apply: please submit a resume and transcript when submitting your application.
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth, career development, and a strong desire to learn and succeed in team environments
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process in accordance with law. Please inform me prior to your interview date if you require any accommodation throughout this process.