Senior Front End Developer, AVP
This is an excellent opportunity to work on one of Citi’s flagship, award winning and industry-leading systems – with the mandate to steer the platform towards new, innovative and “cool” technologies.
The successful candidate will be part of the Toronto-based UI Core Framework development team, who are focused on the design and development of the overall application plug-in framework, and the development of shared and common components which are to be used by business facing teams. The role will require lots of interaction with other development teams, to ensure good re-use and to help implement and enforce standards to ensure a consistent UX for the entire platform – which now spans plugins for all major markets asset classes – FX, Rates, Futures, Derivatives, Credit, Commodities, and Equities.
- Design and development of new features and improvements to the Citi Velocity 2.0 UI Framework.
- Discuss, interpret and implement requirements with business and tech users, and perform demos of completed iterations
- Perform peer code reviews, take part in group design discussions, mentor junior team members
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
- At least 2 YearscommercialC#/WPF development experience, with strong OO knowledge.
- Excellent general programming, software design and problem solving skills
- Strong Academic Record, ideally with a Computer Science, Maths, Physics or Engineering degree.
- Excellent attention to detail, a good eye for design, and strong communication skills.
- Strong software engineering skills – e.g. use of best practices, design patterns.
- Understanding of UX and interaction design
- Experience interfacing with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services
- Has significant experience with cross-platform / responsive design & development and Responsive/Adaptive builds
- Has experience working with an automated front-end toolchains built using modern technologies and can actively participate in defining best practices
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
Desirable Skills , Experience and Competencies
- Experience of Agile methodologies, plus use of Subversion and Continuous Build servers.
- Knowledge of other programming languages, and advanced technologies
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, willingness to learn.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Experience of working in Banking / Markets desirable but not required
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs