Counterparty Credit Risk Product Development
Given heightened expectations from regulators and a goal to build a strong and consistent global control environment, Citi continues to enhance its business governance framework and has created the Institutional Credit Management (ICM) group. ICM is a critical component of Citi’s first line of defense for wholesale and counterparty credit risk management and works with Independent Risk teams to ensure best-in-class risk and controls, as well as client responsiveness. Key responsibilities of the group include credit analysis, documentation, risk identification, exposure monitoring and stress testing. ICM coordinates with credit management groups across ICG businesses to ensure full alignment on business and regulatory goals, as well as consistency and best practices.
The CCR Product Development team within ICM is responsible for building tools to a) provide in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve business problems and develop new, innovative solutions b) build tools to help measure, monitor and control counterparty risk for institutional clients and c) portfolios and businesses, with a focus on counter-party and collateral risk to ensure the risks are being properly measured and controlled in accordance with the Firm’s risk policies.
The Product Developer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- The Product Developer is responsible for activities related to the development or new products and/or features and functionality of products including developing business cases, requirements definition (BRDs), product enhancements innovation, feature and functionality definition based on market and industry research and trends and client needs
- This role manages the end-to-end product development lifecycle and will also scope product releases, agreeing to and tracking business priorities, incorporating regulatory and compliance requirements and investment tracking
- Creates a product vision aligned to business priorities and corresponding road-map to delivery
- Follows market, industry and client trends to own field and adapts them for application Citi’s products and solutions platforms
- Develops plans, prioritizes, coordinates design and delivery of products or features to product release, and serves as product ambassador within user community
- Works in close co-ordination with Technology, Business Managers and other stakeholders to fulfill the delivery objectives
- Manages and implements a wide variety of products and solutions
- Identifies solutions ranging across data analytics, reporting, CRM, Trade Workflows and trade processing
- Has responsibility to deliver direct business results and advice regarding product development that necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy
- Partners with senior team members and leaders and a widely distributed global user community to define and implement solutions
- Creates clear and specific project plans, business and technical requirements documents for product execution
- Interacts with business managers, technology, and sales to understand their long term vision, discuss industry trends, and incorporate them into the product & solutions strategy
- Focuses on controls and governance, including performing Need-to-Know based security and access reviews, Access Approvals, controls testing and documentation
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Intellectual curiosity, analytical and conceptual thinker
- Proactively seeks and develops new opportunities
- Attention to detail and process/analytic mindset
- Ability to build networks and relationships internally and externally
- Familiarity with product development methodologies
- Direct experience in end-to-end project delivery, preferably in product development, and knowledge of various analytical tools including Qlikview, Tableau, Access
- Comfortable with performing data investigations that require a high degree of accuracy with tight timescales
- Ability to create business analysis, troubleshoot data quality issues, and conduct exploratory and descriptive analysis of business datasets
- Ability to structure and break down problems, develop solutions, and to drive to results
- Process Management knowledge with a propensity for detail and comprehensiveness of content
- Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate with team members of an organization
- Project Management skills with experience leading large cross functional initiatives
- Generation of reports and presentations for management
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs