Applications Production Support Intermediate Analyst
The Apps Support Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- The Apps Support Intmd Analyst provides technical and business support for users of Citi Applcations.
- Utilizes good understanding of apps support procedures and concepts and basic knowledge of other technical areas to field issues and queries from stakeholders, provide short-term resolutions and work with relevant technology partners for long term remediation.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how areas of apps support collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors
- Participates in disaster recovery testing
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates. Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Considers implications of the application of technology to the current environment.
- Analyzes applications to identify risks, vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on analysis of factual information; resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions Cooperation with Development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
- Exchanges ideas and information
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned in a concise and logical manner.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years experience
- Basic knowledge or interest about apps support procedures, concepts and of other technical areas.
- Participation in some process improvements.
- DOT Net Web API, MVC
- WEB\IIS, Windows services, SQL
- Previous experience or interest in standardization of procedures and practices.
- Basic Business knowledge/ understanding of financial markets and products.
- Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
- Understands of how own sub-function integrates within the function and commercial awareness
- Evaluates (sometimes complex) situations using multiple sources of information Developed communication and diplomacy skills to persuade and influence
- Good customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of the business and its technology strategy
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Good all-round team member
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Nice to have skills
- Rest API Knowledge
- Ability to develop support tools/scripts as required
- Functional knowledge of SQL + ability to write SQL database script
- Deeper understanding of web technologies
- Understanding of IP networks + ability to analyze and monitor network traffic
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Support
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs